Spam posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam posts

Why all of a sudden are you getting so many spam posts? A lot look like sports (you can hover over and not open)

Do you have a bot from a betting combine hacking this site?

Re: Spam posts

It happens every week end. M* needs to do something about it ASAP!

Comment

I wonder if they know how.

Comment

Well, it's not the week end now, & I just saw at least 3 spam postings.

Comment

Monday night football....just don't click on post that have no views and from new members with odd titles...and seriously if anyone on here thinks they have more internet knowledge than Al...then please feel free to inform him how to fix it...smh
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Or, to eliminate the problem, MSQC could stop supporting this forum. I love visiting here, but it costs them to maintain it. I don't see FQS or fabric.com doing this. It seems to me, they do a pretty nice job. Just food for thought.
            Diana Grey

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
              Or, to eliminate the problem, MSQC could stop supporting this forum. I love visiting here, but it costs them to maintain it. I don't see FQS or fabric.com doing this. It seems to me, they do a pretty nice job. Just food for thought.
              That reminds me, MSN took down the ability to leave comments. It was getting so nasty and political for even the most innocent stories. First it said disabled, then they took it entirely down.

When I broke my wrist last month I stayed off the computer for close to a month. Felt good to get away from all the weird stuff and complaining.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh, that the worst thing in my life would be that I had to just scroll past a little bit of obvious spam!! I'd consider life to be wonderful and a perfect day.
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                  Ahhhhhhhh, that the worst thing in my life would be that I had to just scroll past a little bit of obvious spam!! I'd consider life to be wonderful and a perfect day.
                  Thank you, Carlie, Wolf! Puts the whole thing in perspective!

Comment

Thank you Carlie. Some people just seem to be happier if they are b!tching.....js. This forum is an amazing thing that M* has given to us....they don't have to...think about that....I know I would be much more unhappy to lose this place, than to have to deal with a few spam posts.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with the above 3 posts. This is a gift given to us. I love this place. All you need do is hover your mouse over the weird titles to see they are spam (games, etc) then move on. Just like reading the paper you read what you want and skip the rest.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't use a mouse I have touch but it's pretty easy to tell which ones are spam and skip over them. I went through not being able to log in yesterday and I can't imagine this form to be gone forever. Because of my DH health he sleeps till 11. Who would I have my coffee with?

Comment

The spam is annoying ... but not having this forum would be a million times worse! I look forward to seeing, learning, and enjoying everyone's posts! Thanks M* !

Comment

I was on the HGTV forum for several years, then they discontinued it and I felt lost without a place to find quilting info, pictures and just plain good ideas for things to make. Then I found this site and Jenny. I love it here and would be very sad to see it be discontinued. I'll just not click on anything that doesn't look ligit.

Comment

We've had some spammers over the years, but nothing like this. One person is probably posting all that nonsense under different names.

I was just wondering what spamming technique had changed. It's not just inconvenient, it's also what's behind it. If someone accidentally replies to one of these posts - what's their gain? Spam on every site you belong to? Possible identity theft? Some one is looking for free money? somewhere. Since these idiots are now "members" can they post to your email here? Look through all your posts and pictures?

Some web sites do have a time set between signing up and posting. Some also let you post right away, but you can't insert a link to another site for a specified amount of time or posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X