About the chicken that quacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the chicken that quacks?

I am pretty sure this question has been asked so many times over about the chicken that quacks, but before I get to asking it, I' ve have a small story to share.

A couple of days ago my daughter and I were chatting as usual, and our conversation somehow got on the topic of MSQC, and the chicken that quacks. I turned on our TV and loaded up your YouTube channel. My daughter has never seen a MSQC video before and instantly like all of us (non-quilters and quilters) fell for that chicken that quacks. My daughter laughed and thought it was cute. She even liked the tutorial and Jenny.

Today when I came home from work my daughter was excited about showing me her homework assignment for her Spanish III class. She has to illustrate and write in Spanish a comic strip. Guess who she is using as her main character? Yep, the chicken that quacks! She then turns to me and asks, "What is the chicken's name?" I told her that I did not know. So ladies, my question for all of you is...If you could name the chicken what would you name it?

My daughter also wanted to know who's idea was it to use the chicken, and how did it all come about?

Oh, and to say quack in Spanish: curandero.

Did I also mention that my daughter informed me that one of her friends and herself were acting like five year olds in class. She said that they were making animal noises like little kids in spanish and in due process laughing their butts off so hard they were in tears.

Re: About the chicken that quacks?

What a fun project! I have been here a long time and don't remember the story behind it, I'm sure there is one. Please share her finished project with us!

There is also chick facts. When you order, the receipt will have a cute facts. There is a thread somewhere on it here if someone knows where it is. with a collection of them

It's called birdie if that helps
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-birdie-charm-
    Last edited by Hulamoon; September 29, 2016, 10:38 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Well you learn something new every day.I had no idea the chicken had a name.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

They had Chuck the Duck at the birthday bash.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ie-stuffed-toy
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

how old is your daughter? Maybe she will be into quilting too. Many of our members children are beginner quilters.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
              They had Chuck the Duck at the birthday bash.
              That was a Chick. LOL. Was his name "Chuck the Duck"?

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
                That was a Chick. LOL. Was his name "Chuck the Duck"?

No, Chuck stands for CHick that quacks like a dUCK.

And I am sorry I missed hanging out with you more. I was wiped out from the heat Saturday, went back to the hotel with Jean and fell asleep.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  No, Chuck stands for CHick that quacks like a dUCK.

And I am sorry I missed hanging out with you more. I was wiped out from the heat Saturday, went back to the hotel with Jean and fell asleep.
                  I know, you were there one minute and gone the next! It was so crowded too! When 5 rolled around and the give aways were done, that town emptied out like a popped balloon! We had reservations at the Blue Sage with Peggy Anne... good thing I made those, they were full up. Someone I know came in and couldn't get a seat. Did you enjoy your Gee-Dunk bag?

Comment

Ok K -- I give up. What the heck is a gee dunk bag?!

Comment

She is 16, and we've tried, quilting is just not her thing. She loves to draw and sketch. Maybe when she is much older she might try again but I am not holding my breath on that one.

Comment

I just wanted to thank all of you for your responses. For those who may be curious this is what the kiddo has been up to. Oh, if you are a fan of Sheldon the Dinosaur you might get these.

IMAG01566.jpgIMAG01567.jpgIMAG01568.jpgIMAG01570.jpgIMAG01571.jpgIMAG01572.jpgIMAG01573.jpgIMAG01574.jpg

Comment

Very clever girl Anna. She reminds me of my older daughter. She drew a lot too. Very cool!
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                            Ok K -- I give up. What the heck is a gee dunk bag?!
                            Gee dunk is the stuff you get out of vending machines... Snacks, candy, cokes, etc. When I know someone staying in a motel, I sometimes make up bags with Gee dunk in it for them to have so they don't have to buy from machines.

It's called Gee dunk in the Navy and I put it in bags for my friends! LOL. When Dh was commissioned, we reserved a block of rooms for our family and friends who came in... and I put "Gee-Dunk Bags" in all the rooms for them with a note attached thanking them for coming to our special event.

Comment

I didn't eat the apple until I was home and it was such a good apple! Sweet and extra crispy.
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                              X