Mystery Charm Packs DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Charm Packs DD?

Hi, I ordered the mystery charm pack when it was a daily deal. I thought cool, something to build on for a future quilt.

Why is this "mystery" charm pack, have no other coordinating fabric? Are they "left overs" of products that are no longer available? It's very frustrating as I received a beautiful batik charm pack, wonderful colors, but no other options, to add to this, or purchase another charm pack.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

PS, I all ready contacted your help desk, and they informed me that nothing else is available.
    There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Re: Mystery Charm Packs DD?

I received the splash island batik and it is very nice. It is quite similar to another island batik that I have in terms of color. You didn't say what your mystery charms were.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

It is the same as yours. But MSQC does not carry any coordinating fabric.

Comment

You can look other places for it . I think things like this are a gamble and I don't buy them.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

You might be able to find a batik from another line that will coordinate.

Comment

Don't limit your search to the same fabric line. I find it easier to choose batiks to blend in together than other prints.

Comment

This is exactly why I didn't buy the mystery DD. I like to buy all my accompanying fabric at the same time (borders, background, binding). Can't do that if you don't know what your buying. And like you found out, once you do know what you have, it can be a chore finding that accompanying fabric. I guess I am just not much of a gambler!
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I loved the surprise DD - I can add to this quilt (want to make a lap quilt) from a quilt show that is coming up next weekend.

Comment

I don't care to buy a pig in a poke. (That means buying something unseen in country terms)
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

The other charm pack that I have that looks just like this one in shades is Wind at Sea by Island Batiks. Check it out. Remember, this DD was only 50 cents and I am thrilled especially since it so closely matches the wind at sea one which I think was also a freebee a while back.
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

I find that I can often use the charm pack daily deals to make up borders to go around panels I purchase.

Have you thought of using yours with something that has an irish chain pattern?
                      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions of different fabric and ideas to utilize a charm pack. They have been great.

I am hopeful that MS will answer my original questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Magicquilts View Post
                          Thank you all for the suggestions of different fabric and ideas to utilize a charm pack. They have been great.

I am hopeful that MS will answer my original questions.
                          They seldom read the forum, or at least not on a regular basis. If you really want an answer from them email [email protected]
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Then why do they even have this page for asking them?

Comment

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                              Then why do they even have this page for asking them?
                              They set this forum up back when they first started the business. They had the extra time to spend here. Not so much anymore. Alan checks in when he can, but really, questions having to do with the store end of things are best asked in email or now in the live chat feature.

I have asked several times that this section be closed since it isn't monitored regularly by M* or at least one of their employees.
                              K is for Karen 😊​..................
                              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                              X