Boxed Weave from "Mod Block" Vol.2 Issue 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxed Weave from "Mod Block" Vol.2 Issue 1

First off, my sisters and I had a really great day shopping in Hamilton. Thank you for putting all these stores and all this product together in one place.
    My question concerning the Boxed Weave pattern by Natalie Earnheart: Do I trim my blocks like the drawn diagram on page 25 OR like the photograph on page 26, photo #3? They are not the same.
    I am having trouble figuring out how to line up these pieces to start sewing them together, the photos and directions just don't jive.
    I looked for a tutorial.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Boxed Weave from "Mod Block" Vol.2 Issue 1

I believe the tutorial you want is called Sashed Half Hexie. Pulling this from my memory, forgive me if I'm wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkOWNz-Ev4
    Last edited by Bubby; August 20, 2016, 02:36 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Barb has posted the link. I think when you watch the video, things will be clear. The #3photo in the book is somewhat of a reminder to attach the sashing strip to the bottom of the piece, press open, and then trim the sides. If you tried to trim it before opening, you'd cut off the corners.

It's a cute pattern. Good luck and show us some pictures when you're done!

Comment

That would be a good pattern for the person that asked what to do with her honey bun.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
        X