Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! To us own batting and backing or have MSQC use thiers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!! To us own batting and backing or have MSQC use thiers?

Hi, I have few quilt tops that need to be quilted. I'm not sure if it cheaper and better to use my own batting and backing and have MSQC quilted it, use my own quilt top and backing with their batting or have MSQC us their own batting and backing and they quilt it ? With having few quilt tops that needs quilting.. I'm also stumped into what stitching designs to use.. how you determine which stitching designs for each quilts? I'm new, forgive me if this is not proper question to ask or if I'm asking in the right place.. Thank you for any information. (just trying to see what is cheapest way for me to have it quilted.

Re: HELP!!! To us own batting and backing or have MSQC use thiers?

I'm not an employee of MSQC but....

I don't think you can send in your own batting. You do need to provide the top and the backing though. If you don't have a backing fabric yet, you can buy it from MSQC. Then you don't need to pay for shipping it to them. But if you know what you want for the backing and can get it cheaper, then buy it and send it with your top.

For choosing a quilting pattern, it depends on the top. Can you post a photo of the tops? I'm sure we'll offer suggestions.

oh, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Thank you so much for your response. Let me get all my ducks in a row and I'll gladly share my quilt topping for some ideas It a nice feeling to feel so warm and inviting on here..

Comment

I'm sure MSQ could also make some suggestion on patterns that would look nice for your quilt. They have a lot of experience :-)
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Shipping be as expensive as it is, I would think purchasing the back and batting from m:* would be the way to go. If you are truly up in the air about a quilt design, you might just tell MSQC to surprise you and I'll bet you will be happy
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Your batting is included in the price of the quilting at MSQC. Our quilters are very good at picking quilting patterns and thread colors if that is what you chose. Just put in the comments that you want them to chose for you. Good luck with your quilts I know they will be beautiful however you chose to finish them .
            Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
            X