X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shermur
    replied
    Re: Tutorial on this quilt?

Thanks, Jean! I always like a little bit of challenge when piecing a quilt! I may make a few more from the strips I cut earlier.....

All I know is; I have got to be more disciplined about getting 7 more projects completed (the quilting and binding) before the end of August!!!!! I am refusing to take my walking foot off of my machine! Ha Ha!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by shermur View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]132479[/ATTACH]

It's not hard to figure out....this is a test block I created this morning with extra JRR strips in the stash. I sat at my computer yesterday for too long figuring out how much 1 print JRR and 1 solid JRR would do.

From looking at the initial photo posted and the pattern photo....the middle strip is dog-earred, as well as 2 opposite corners of the block to form the diamonds in the middle when the blocks are turned and joined.

Make some test blocks. If you don't necessarily complete a quilt per say....there's many items you can create with the "orphane blocks" you get completed!
    Great job recreating the look, Sherri! It looks like an interesting quilt to make!

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Radiance test block (800x664).jpg

It's not hard to figure out....this is a test block I created this morning with extra JRR strips in the stash. I sat at my computer yesterday for too long figuring out how much 1 print JRR and 1 solid JRR would do.

From looking at the initial photo posted and the pattern photo....the middle strip is dog-earred, as well as 2 opposite corners of the block to form the diamonds in the middle when the blocks are turned and joined.

Make some test blocks. If you don't necessarily complete a quilt per say....there's many items you can create with the "orphane blocks" you get completed!
    Last edited by shermur; June 26, 2016, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Monique is right - it is fairly easy to figure out. The 'ring' blocks are 3 JR strips that are snowballed, some at both ends, others at 1 end. Finished blocks are 6 x 6. I like the pattern - great find!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Looking at it closely, it wouldn't be hard to figure out how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Normally Jenny doesn't do tutorials on someone else's pattern due to copyright issues.

Leave a comment:

• Magicquilts
    replied

Originally posted by snippet View Post
    It is a striking pattern.

For those who want the pattern, you can get it here http://www.quiltwoman.com/patterns/b...pattern-md-69/
    Thank you for the link. Didn't know the name, but it would be wonderful if Jenny would do a tutorial on it. I have a jelly roll or two that would be wonderful in this.

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Neat website for QuiltWoman.com! The retreat looks great!

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

It is a striking pattern.

For those who want the pattern, you can get it here http://www.quiltwoman.com/patterns/b...pattern-md-69/

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Awesome quilt. A tute by Jenny on it would be even better

Leave a comment:

• Magicquilts
    started a topic Tutorial on this quilt?

Tutorial on this quilt?

Do you think Jenny could do a tutorial on this quilt? Its so beautiful.

beautiful radiance.jpg
Working...
X