Tutorial on this quilt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorial on this quilt?

Do you think Jenny could do a tutorial on this quilt? Its so beautiful.

beautiful radiance.jpg
    There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Re: Tutorial on this quilt?

Awesome quilt. A tute by Jenny on it would be even better
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

It is a striking pattern.

For those who want the pattern, you can get it here http://www.quiltwoman.com/patterns/b...pattern-md-69/

Comment

Neat website for QuiltWoman.com! The retreat looks great!
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
          It is a striking pattern.

For those who want the pattern, you can get it here http://www.quiltwoman.com/patterns/b...pattern-md-69/
          Thank you for the link. Didn't know the name, but it would be wonderful if Jenny would do a tutorial on it. I have a jelly roll or two that would be wonderful in this.
          There are no perfect quilts, because I am a imperfect quilter.

Sharon :icon_hi:

Comment

Normally Jenny doesn't do tutorials on someone else's pattern due to copyright issues.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Looking at it closely, it wouldn't be hard to figure out how to do it.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Monique is right - it is fairly easy to figure out. The 'ring' blocks are 3 JR strips that are snowballed, some at both ends, others at 1 end. Finished blocks are 6 x 6. I like the pattern - great find!
                Cindy

Comment

Radiance test block (800x664).jpg

It's not hard to figure out....this is a test block I created this morning with extra JRR strips in the stash. I sat at my computer yesterday for too long figuring out how much 1 print JRR and 1 solid JRR would do.

From looking at the initial photo posted and the pattern photo....the middle strip is dog-earred, as well as 2 opposite corners of the block to form the diamonds in the middle when the blocks are turned and joined.

Make some test blocks. If you don't necessarily complete a quilt per say....there's many items you can create with the "orphane blocks" you get completed!
                  Last edited by shermur; June 26, 2016, 07:41 AM.
                  Sherri

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]132479[/ATTACH]

It's not hard to figure out....this is a test block I created this morning with extra JRR strips in the stash. I sat at my computer yesterday for too long figuring out how much 1 print JRR and 1 solid JRR would do.

From looking at the initial photo posted and the pattern photo....the middle strip is dog-earred, as well as 2 opposite corners of the block to form the diamonds in the middle when the blocks are turned and joined.

Make some test blocks. If you don't necessarily complete a quilt per say....there's many items you can create with the "orphane blocks" you get completed!
                    Great job recreating the look, Sherri! It looks like an interesting quilt to make!

Comment

Thanks, Jean! I always like a little bit of challenge when piecing a quilt! I may make a few more from the strips I cut earlier.....

All I know is; I have got to be more disciplined about getting 7 more projects completed (the quilting and binding) before the end of August!!!!! I am refusing to take my walking foot off of my machine! Ha Ha!
                      Sherri

Comment

Working...
                      X