Rhombus Dance quilt in ModBlock2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhombus Dance quilt in ModBlock2

Why does the supply list say you need 1-1/4 yards of Bayou (drk. green) when you only need (1) 5" strip? Am I missing something?

Re: Rhombus Dance quilt in ModBlock2

I bought the Mod Block 2 magazine for that exact pattern, but I haven't started it yet. Now that you made me read it, I agree, that has to be a pattern error and should be noted on the Block corrections page. You only cut 1 5" strip, so it should be 1/4 yard. Have you written to M* about this? I'm sure they will want to know.

Are you using the colors shown in the pattern? I thought I might use all grunge yardage for this quilt, but I'm not sure. I want a dark background, darker than the pattern shown in Block.

Comment

I am using the same colors with the exception of the drk green. I didn't like it, so I switched it to a drk turquoise. This would be awesome in grunge! If you make it, please post a pic!

Comment

Pretty much everything is awesome in Grunge. I made an Illusion quilt from Grunge and love it.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I wasn't wild about the dark green either, but I hadn't decided what to substitute. A darker turquoise would look great. I was also thinking of a darker rose pink. Have to do some grunge shopping! I have a piece for the background and some turquoises/aqua blues. Also have some greens that are a little lighter than the pic in Block. I need to make up my mind! Have you started cutting yet?

And Bubby, I agree. I love the Grunge colors and the texture it adds to a piece.

Comment

Yes. I've already started piecing it together. The directions are a little confusing in some places. but I figured it out ..lol. I think if they ever do a tutorial on it there will be quite a few corrections.

Comment

Working...
            X