X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shermur
    replied
    Re: Choosing fabric for Squared Stripes

kaylilland....sweetie, it does not matter the proportion measurement between the stripes. What the key factor is....making sure the stripes are dead even when you cut your squares. Of course, the more stripes in a square, the more difficult it will be to match them up and the more "busy" it will look. The wider and sparse the stripes are, the easier it should be to match the evenness.

This will probably take several test blocks with different measurements to know how to alter you sizing. You might consider buying 4 - half yard striped pieces of fabric (it doesn't have to be expensive or high quality) to to test blocks with different stripe width variations. This is how many of us who are self taught learn how to make adjustments...... I hope this doesn't confuse!

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied
    Re: Choosing fabric for Squared Stripes

I'm not sure I have an answer but this will bump you so maybe someone else will see it.

Leave a comment:

• kaylilland
    started a topic Choosing fabric for Squared Stripes

Choosing fabric for Squared Stripes

I seem to get less than perfect results when using unevenly spaced striped fabric. Is a certain proportion between stripes needed? And what adjustments must I make to make smaller or larger-than ten inch squares?
Working...
X