Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turnover size

Good morning ladies,

I need to know the size of a turnover. I'm having trouble with the audio on my computer so the information is lost in cyberspace somewhere. For all of us teachers school is just around the corner and I still have a project or 2 or 3 to finish before school begins. The turnover quilts on the videos seem like they go together quickly. I will be cutting my own, homemade turnovers, mmm, , so please include the placement on the grain of fabric. Also, do I measure the sides or base of the triangle? I guess what I really need is the degree of the angle on top. This might get too 'mathy' for me. Any help, please send my way. Thanks a million. cindy

Re: turnover size

If you took a 6 inch square and cut it diagonally from corner to corner you would have a turnover.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

As Karen said, cut a 6 inch square and cut it in half diagonally. The sides that make up the 90 degree angle will be straight grain. Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like mine to fill a saucer-sized plate while being light and flakey. Apple or cherry are my favorite.

Oooh, sorry! Maybe I should have had breakfast BEFORE answering this thread! It looks like Barb and Karen have handled your question just fine without my smart aleck help.
        Cathy
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hehehehe @ Cathy! You crack me up!
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Cathy....I am with you! Pepperidge Farm does a great job with the raspberry turnovers! Seriously, thank you for asking, Cindy and answering Karen and Barb. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

How come it's virtually impossible to find turnovers? I came onto the pre-cuts thing late and now that I really want to purchase them I'm having to search high and low for them. I found maybe 8 for sale after google searching. Anything that keeps me from botching up a cut is all GOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by mammasawn View Post
                How come it's virtually impossible to find turnovers? I came onto the pre-cuts thing late and now that I really want to purchase them I'm having to search high and low for them. I found maybe 8 for sale after google searching. Anything that keeps me from botching up a cut is all GOOD!
                Supply is directly effected by demand.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I though that they weren't making turnovers anymore. That may have just been a rumor though.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                  X