Hour glass quilting block - beginner block quilting series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hour glass quilting block - beginner block quilting series

Hi, Jenny, love your tutorials. In regard to this particular one, what size are the squares in the nine-patch on the quilt behind you that go with the hour glass quilting block? Am I right that you used the 10-inch layer cake for the hour glass square in that quilt, too? Also, I can see how many blocks wide it is. How many blocks long is it? I would love to make use of your layer cakes and make a quilt like the one behind you. Thanks.

Re: Hour glass quilting block - beginner block quilting series

Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy learning here and making new friends. Visit often...Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Just checking if anyone at MSQC has an answer to my question about the hourglass blocks in the quilt behind Jenny in the tutorial.

Comment

I am pretty sure you are referring to the altered squares quilt behind Jenny. They one in aquas, greens and browns? If so it takes 2 layer cakes, one cut on the diagonal (a big X across the layer cake) and the other, for the 9 patches in a big +. So your nine patch blocks are made from 5" squares as well.

I can't help you on the size of the quilt.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thanks for answering. That is the one I'm talking about. Okay, so 2 layer cakes. Now, if you cut the one into 4 squares for the nine-patch, and the nine-patch has 5" squares, won't it be bigger than the hour glass block since at its biggest it could only be 10" square?

Comment

You are right, and I said 9 patch when it is actually a 4 patch. I knew something was off. It will work with a 4 patch.

Jenny has a tutorial for Altered Squares in her Sympoz classes. Someplace on this site is a link for half-price on those classes. They are well worth the money.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Hey, thanks. I will look for the link. I watch her tutorials all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X