X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neetteech
    replied
    Re: Scalloped Edges/Binding

Thanks Claire for the tip! Bubby, I saw Jenny's tutorial on the scalloped edges a couple of weeks ago and decided to try it. I don't know how to miter corners (yet) so I hope the regular way is okay. As Jenny says, "there are no quilting police." The quilt is laying on my living room floor as I baste it. It's taking awhile because I ran out of pins, twice! Best wishes to you on the scalloped edges. I know it will look great.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

From my days of making draperies, if you take a straight stitch or two at each inside curve of the scallop it will lay nicer. You might practice it both ways on some scraps and see which way works better for you.

Leave a comment:

• wendyw1
    replied

Hi Barb, when I made mine, I used the regular method for the borders. As Martha said it would work both ways, just a matter of choice I guess.. have fun.. ps the ruler and instructions were really easy to follow..

Leave a comment:

• quilter.martha
    replied

I think you can use either method when scalloping your borders. When it's all quilted the sew lines really disappear. It looks like Jenny used the regular method to put on her borders. If you miter the corners you won't have to mark the diagonal line at the corners, since your seam will already be in the right place.

Have fun making yours!

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Good question! I haven't been brave enough to make scallops yet.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    started a topic Scalloped Edges/Binding

Scalloped Edges/Binding

Jenny, When you make scalloped edges on a quilt have the borders been mitered or sewn on the regular way? I can't tell from the tutorial. Barb in Licking
Working...
X