Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotary Blade Compatibility

OK Ladies here is one for you.

I have Olfa rotary cutters in sizes 45, 28, & 18mm. (The big J no longer carries 28 or 18 mm sizes, so if I'm gonna order them online, it'll be MSQC if possible.)
    Can I mix brands of blades in the cutters? You carry 18mm & 28mm in different brands and I'd like to know if they will work on my Olfa before I order them.

Thanks.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: Rotary Blade Compatibility

I have always mixed blade brands without any trouble. I have a Dritz cutter and I use Olfa or Fiskar blades (I prefer Fiskar). Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I mix them also. No problem.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I think most of them are interchangeable but I did see a cutter in one of my classes, I don't recall the name, that had a different shaped centre hole so the regular blades would not go on it. Fortunately one of the other ladies had a spare cutter that she leant to the lady because that one wasn't going to cut anything.
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thank You All!

Lynn, that was what I was afraid of. I see that the center holes are notched differently in the packaging and worried that they wouldn't fit on the center pin. Especially the 18mm as it has a hexagon shaped pin. I also read the the circle cutter takes it's own blades. I don't have one, so I'm not too worried about that yet!

I shall try them and let you know! 'Cause the 28mm is about ready for cutting paper!
          Cathy
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
          X