X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patticakes
    replied
    Re: Baby rag quilt from YouTube

Can't wait to see it! Let me know what Minkee is to work with!

Leave a comment:

• hoosiermama
    replied

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to order the minkee charm packs and get started! If I'm really organized, I'll post a picture when I'm done!

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Here are two pics of a rag quilt I made using 2 charm packs (5")with 42 in each package PLUS six charms I cut from my own fabric to make 90 blocks of 5" squares all together. It is not very big but could be used for a baby quilt.
    I know it's not Minkee but I hope this gives you some idea of the size. I believe I made it 9 blocks wide by 10 blocks long. You lose about an inch on each blocks with the sewing and clipping.
    Max is lying on it to show the apprx. size. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I'm not sure if you are referring to Jenny's Minkee baby blanket tutorial or someone else's tutorial. If it wasn't Jenny Doan's tutorial I would recommend that you watch Jenny's. You can purchase precut squares of Minkee on the MSQC website. Locate the size of Minkee precut fabric and find out how many squares come in the pack and then do the math. I make most of my rag quilts for children approximately 44X54 inches. This generously covers a crib mattress and also works on a small bed. Good Luck....Barb

Leave a comment:

• jenny
    replied

Sorry about that...A couple, meaning 2 would make a small baby blanket. About 4 or 5 will make a crib size. The charms are less in number and when you rag the squares you loose about an inch on each square. Good luck and have fun, they are adorable.

Leave a comment:

• hoosiermama
    replied

Oh, sorry, guess I should have clarified. I want to use the minkee brights charm pack like the one she makes in the video. She said with only 20 squares in the pack that it would be kind of small for a blanket but using "a couple of boxes" would make a wonderfull blanket. Just wanted to know what "a couple" really was. I planned to buy them off this site in the MSQC Quilt Shop because I think the colors are terrific and save myself from having to find colors and cut all those little squares from yardage. I'd love to make a blanket big enough for a preschooler to use on a toddler bed which is really just a crib mattress. I have a friend who is expecting in Sept but will probably deliver early as all her babies have, and another friend whose wee one is close to 6 months old now and I still owe her a baby gift. (shame on me!) These rag quilts look super easy to sew up in a day or two.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Hi ... are you using charm packs or layer cakes.... or are you cutting your own squares from yardage? Do you have ideas about the width and length you want? Jenny did a tutorial for a minkee baby quilt. Maybe watching her tutorial would help. Good luck hon

Leave a comment:

• hoosiermama
    started a topic Baby rag quilt from YouTube

Baby rag quilt from YouTube

I'd like to make the minkee rag quilt featured in the YouTube tutorial "Make an Adorable, Cute, Soft, Cuddly, Rag Baby Quilt!". In the video it is said that if we want to make a bigger sized blanket we'd need a couple of boxes. "Couple" could mean two or it could loosely mean "more than one". LOL I'd like to make a quilt that would work as a crib/toddler bed quilt. How many boxes would that take? Also, the flannel it was backed with matches the colors beautifully. Do you sell that online or will I have to go looking around my local craft shop for something that will work? Thanks for the help!
Working...
X