Help Restoring My baby quilt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Restoring My baby quilt!

My great grandmother made this quilt about 39 years ago for me. When I have ask other people about how I could repair or restore this quilt. They said it could not be done. Here is my Question by just looking at the photo I attached. Can this quilt be restored or repaired???
    Attached Files

Re: Help Restoring My baby quilt!

Lynne, I am NOT a quilt restorer - but if it were mine I would certainly try. First I'd make a good attempt to find some closely matching fabric. It wouldn't have to be exact (that would probably be nigh on impossible). Then I'd figure out how much of the damaged quilt area could be salvaged. I'd carefully remove the damaged part and replace it with fresh pieced blocks. It would be a tedious task, but one I think you could do and would be happy that you had done it.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I am by no means an expert either, but i agree with Sandy. If you're uncomfortable cutting anything away you could carefully stitch down the loose areas and then applique over it.
      β€œWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Here is a link showing how to mend a quilt. It might help.
        http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/20...r_quilt_1.html

I found it on a link Sandy posted a few days ago.
        K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Wow you guys are so great to help. They are right. I would change out the damaged pieces with new pieces. It will be tedious but it can be done.

Comment

Working...
          X