Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The gorgeous, GORGEOUS Bali Batiks- Classic Triple-Dyed Charm Pack by Benartex Fabrics just arrived, - washing info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gorgeous, GORGEOUS Bali Batiks- Classic Triple-Dyed Charm Pack by Benartex Fabrics just arrived, - washing info?

They are all SO beautiful, - but I guess this is one time where prudence is a must
    so how do I wash before sewing? I haste to add that we do NOT have color catchers here..

Best regards your Norwegian fan #1, Eva Mari
    Fabric purchases require no justification!
    A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Re: The gorgeous, GORGEOUS Bali Batiks- Classic Triple-Dyed Charm Pack by Benartex Fabrics just arrived, - washing info?

I don't wash my charm packs/jelly rolls or any of the pre-cuts due to fraying etc. And I have never had a problem with it afterward, although I do use color catcher if I am using reds. (Learned that the hard way!) Do you need on of us across the pond to send you some color catcher?

Comment

Re: The gorgeous, GORGEOUS Bali Batiks- Classic Triple-Dyed Charm Pack by Benartex Fabrics just arrived, - washing info?

I would also hesitate to pre-wash charms due to the fraying. If you really think you need to pre-wash them, do it gently by hand.
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I agree with Martha and Tams, washing a precut is really iffy. They will fray to some extent and because they are so small, you'll lose the size and shape. I always wash after the quilt is finished. If you feel it's necessary.... just be careful.
        They are gorgeous... I purchased the jelly roll that Jenny used in her applique tutorial. I haven't used it yet but I'm really eager to find just the right project. Good luck hon
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Working...
        X