Binding Tool Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binding Tool Question

I ordered the binding tool and now I can't find the tutorial. The video is listed (at least I think it's the right video) but it is blank. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I know there are directions on the tool, but I still like seeing how to do it. Can someone help please and direct me to the right place.

Thanks
    Diane

Re: Binding Tool Question

OOPS....never mind. I found it on the page where the tool is listed. Can't wait to try it. It is the one made by TQM Products.

Diane

Comment

let me know how that thing works...i get so confused when doing the last bit of the binding... if it works good i'll have to get me one from these ladies. all the best Gina from Mpls.
      all the best
      Gina

Comment

Originally posted by ginampls
        let me know how that thing works...i get so confused when doing the last bit of the binding... if it works good i'll have to get me one from these ladies. all the best Gina from Mpls.
        ops: Me too! For me, finishing the binding is awful! I was looking at that too and I am getting it after Christmas for sure!!! You know, when I have all that gift money to spend! Just as soon as the deposit hits the account.

:?: Does anyone else already have it and have an opinion on it? :?:
        My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

I saw them demo it and it is amazing ho simple it is! You just have to make sure you leave the right amount of space and cut on the correct marks for each step and that's it it just goes together after that. It's amazing!
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon. Yes, I think the most important thing is to leave the right amount on both ends.

The way I have been doing it is to sew the binding on leaving a pretty large unsewn space. Bring the to ends together leaving a 1/4" space. Fold the two ends back and cut so that they are 2.5" long. from the 1/4" space. This is if you are using a 2.5" binding. Then you put the two ends together so that they are laying the right way to just lay down. That is the hardest part, because I never can remember which way to sew them. When you have the two ends meeting correctly, then you cut it at an angle. I know these are not very good directions. If you can possibly figure it out it really works great. It looks just like where you have sewn two ends together when sewing the strips together. But I'm anxious to try the binding tool.

If you want to try either way I would strongly suggest you do a practice one first. LOL.

Will let you know how the tool works.

Diane

Comment

Hmmmm.... I seems that alot of us have seen the product demo on it and want it, so it is hard to believe that no one on here actually has it and has used it yet! :shock:

:? I have seen demos on lots of products. I have lots of things in my house that I have I bought because they looked wonderful on product demos. But..... usually when I buy them, they just don't work the same for me.

:?: I am looking for someones opinion. Someone that actually owns it and has used it. Is it really as simple as it looks? Does it come with wonderful instructions? Is it easy to use? Would you rather use this product, or just go back to the way you have been closing your bindings before you bought it? How many stars would you rate it with 10 stars being the best? :?:
              My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Comment

Hi there ladies! I have used the tool myself and LOVE It! It is very easy to use and does work perfectly every time! You leave exactly twelve inches of space on your binding edge, then you lay the binding tool down and make a mark on your binding tail, flip the tool do the same thing on the other side. Then you open up your binding and make the diagonal marks using your marked line as a guide. cut. sew. done! Perfect! I really do love this tool and would give it at least ten stars! Let me know if you have any other questions about it! Thanks, Natalie

Comment

THANKS NATALIE!!!!!

That is exactly what I was looking for! Someone that has used it. It seems to be something that is really easy to learn and simple to use. I will most definitely be adding that to my next order now! A 10 out of 10! You can't get better then that!

Comment

Working...
                  X