Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The house quilt. Won't you be my neighbour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house quilt. Won't you be my neighbour.

I've got the rows of roofs and solid half hexies laid out and under them the houses are laid out.
    Everything is in place. Each row is off set and the spacers are in.
    But now I'm wondering ..what do I have to cut, to fill in the edges of the quilt ?
    To give it a straight edge.
    I can see what looks like probably a 2 and 1/2 inch x 10 inch strip needs to added. But what is the angled part?

Thanks so much for time, and I'm sorry if this is the millionth time you have had answer this question.
    Best Wishes from TKitty ( in Australia)

Re: The house quilt. Won't you be my neighbour.

You use your half hexie to cut them in half. There is a line down the center of the ruler. I used backgroundd and split houses. 2013-03-22_11-32-08_659.jpg
    Have a Sewonderful Day,
    Mary T.

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply. Splitting a house for the edge of the rows is great idea! And that is what I will do.
      I don't have the actual MSQ ruler. I've made a hexie template. Its 5in at the top and 10in at the bottom. So its probably not the same measurements as the actual ruler and thats probably why I'm having trouble with it.
      But your half house idea is brilliant and I think it helps even up the look of the houses rows too. I didn't really like them being off set.
      Thanks again so muchx

Comment

I was the same about the offset rows. Just didn't look right or something was missing. I had fun with the applique. Now when I look at the quilt I wish I had put in a few clouds with blue for the sky and a sun at the top...I will just have to make again. It was a fast and easy quilt to make.
        Have a Sewonderful Day,
        Mary T.

Comment

Yes make it again and add the clouds and sun ect. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
          Your first one looks so sweet with the dragonflies and butterflies added to it. Aren't you clever!
          Thanks again for passing on your great idea of half houses. So I'll just measure edge space I have, then add a 1/4" for the seam and slice a house to fit. That should work I think.
          Best wishes. TK

Comment

I love you house quilt and all the darling embellishments! It turned out great!!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I just love your quilt, have never really been a fan of house quilts but yours makes me do a double take

Comment

Beautiful quilt.
                What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Working...
                X