Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Width of the fabric

Hello !

just a basic question : when the fabric is sold per yard, what is its usual width ?
    In France, it can be 0.9m, 1.2m, 1.5m...

In particular, I'm interested on this one :
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...rd-red-yardage

Thanks for your help !

Re: Width of the fabric

The WOF usually is 42-44" wide, with the fabric folded in half as it comes off the bolt. I'll let you figure out the metric. JCY

Comment

Fabric.com always lists widths and it shows that this one is 44-inches. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks to both of you !

Comment

LOL i have the same trouble ...how wide is that !?????? ...here in australia we use meters/ centimeters ..so trying to convert always makes my head hurt lol ...//when in the shop looking for material by the yard i find it so hard to figure out how much i need in 44 ich widths lol . So have everyone .....i think we need a convert this ..... section on the site ...

Comment

Originally posted by gemmit View Post
            LOL i have the same trouble ...how wide is that !?????? ...here in australia we use meters/ centimeters ..so trying to convert always makes my head hurt lol ...//when in the shop looking for material by the yard i find it so hard to figure out how much i need in 44 ich widths lol . So have everyone .....i think we need a convert this ..... section on the site ...
            I cheat - I look it up online!!
            inches to cm, cm to inches calculator

Comment

I know one meter is about 39" so I would assume 1 1/4 meters. It's early here so hopefully my math is good

Comment

We use metric for length here in australia - ie. metres but inches for width - that is why our fat quarters are bigger) Most standard fabrics are about 110 - 112cm here (42-44 inches) but we have 'widebacks' too - 280cm/110" wide
                Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Poppytree View Post
                  We use metric for length here in australia - ie. metres but inches for width - that is why our fat quarters are bigger) Most standard fabrics are about 110 - 112cm here (42-44 inches) but we have 'widebacks' too - 280cm/110" wide
                  I didn't know that! Doesn't it get confusing using both? Do you sew 1/4 inch seams or .6 cm. seams?
                  Last edited by Angelia; March 25th, 2014, 07:26 PM.
                  Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X