Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block vs Quilting question

This is for anyone who can answer.

Will MSQC repeat any of the quilts/patterns that were introduced in Quilting Quickly? Some of the quilts had been renamed by F&P and several from here had trouble matching up the videos to the patterns.

Never did understand the reason behind renaming them. Especially since a lot of quilt blocks are know by different names anyway.
    Vonnie

Re: Block vs Quilting question

hi i'm not sure i can help but i have noticed in the quilt shop here under patterns a lot of the patterns she had previously done are in the shop. good luck.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

The reasoning behind changing the names to my understanding is because the names/patterns became property of Fons and Porter. Anything that Fons and Porter publishes belongs to them, not the original person - therefore, the name change so that M* could keep their quilts.

Comment

Kind of the same concept behind Prince changing himself into a symbol. He signed a new record contract, and had he kept his name, the new record company would have then had rights to anything he ever recorded under the name Prince. Now that his contract with them is over, as it stands, they only have rights to his "symbol" recordings, and he maintains the rights to both.
        "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Working...
        X