Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stack and Whack Quilt

Hello

I was watching the tutorial on the stack and whack quilt and I have a question. I understand cutting the extra 3x8 piece but did you also cut out black triangles? I have this turnover and when looking at them there is no solid blacks. I want to make this quilt but am confused on this part.

Thanks
    Always Maggie

Re: Stack and Whack Quilt

yes...they used black triangles...but they aren't in the pack..they used the plain triangles as pairs to the ones in the pack. Sorry that was confusing for you!!
    Michele

Comment

Now that makes more sense LOL.

Thanks Maggie

Comment

Originally posted by magiemugins
        Now that makes more sense LOL.

Thanks Maggie

No problem..I haven't seen the quilt personally...but I can' only think that is what they did...like they did the white ones from the sample that they were making....
        Michele

Comment

You are absolutely right. We took our black solid and cut 6" squares, then cut those diagonally to make our triangles. They fit perfectly with our turnovers. It is such a beautiful quilt. hope this helps! Natalie

Comment

thankyou this helped me alot.... i am new at quilting, and thought this block was nice looking,

Comment

I fell in love with that quilt too when I saw the tutorial and have started to increase my collection of batiks to make it. I did do a sample block to see how it works and it is just so easy ... a delight to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie View Post
                You are absolutely right. We took our black solid and cut 6" squares, then cut those diagonally to make our triangles. They fit perfectly with our turnovers. It is such a beautiful quilt. hope this helps! Natalie
                Natalie, take a look at the pics of the Stack and Whack quilt we are making for Heaven. They are in the Forum.
                Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Where can I find the tutorial you mention? I am about to start a stack and whack and would appreciate viewing the tutorial before I start. Thanks for hour help.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/Missouri.../0/OWdaKL0t6do

Here it is!
                    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Working...
                    X