Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I teach your projects?

Hi,
    I watch your tutorials on You Tube in the UK. From these I have been inspired to make my own quilts from them and as there are no written instructions often tweak them. Is it OK to teach your quilts to my classes using my instructions? I do encourage my students to use your tutorials etc. there doesn't seem to be any guidance about this on your website and I don't want to contravene any copyright issues. Thanks.

Re: Can I teach your projects?

You should email them at [email protected] for an answer from the correct people.

I have a feeling though, that Jenny would be thrilled to think someone was using her as inspiration across the pond.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by SJF19 View Post
      Hi,
      I watch your tutorials on You Tube in the UK. From these I have been inspired to make my own quilts from them and as there are no written instructions often tweak them. Is it OK to teach your quilts to my classes using my instructions? I do encourage my students to use your tutorials etc. there doesn't seem to be any guidance about this on your website and I don't want to contravene any copyright issues. Thanks.
      I have already taught at least two of the techniques Jenny has taught me .... I think she would be pleased to know that we arev "padding it on ".....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for your replies. I have tried to email the info address but had no response, guess they are busy selling fabric and thinking up new projects. My students love the quilts so hope that Jenny is pleased that her lovely projects are being shared with others in UK. Just finished teaching a project - mug rug - to some newbie quilters. Hoping they will get the bug.

Comment

I just spent the last four days teaching Jenny's techniques to my sister... she came up, brought her machine and now she has a table topper and a set of coasters done and is working on a mug rug. Jenny uses time tried techniques and shows us the short cuts and things we may have not thought of. My Sis and I cut her a layer cake from fabrics I ordered for her from M* and we made the "Layer Cake" quilt for her grandson for graduation coming up.

She's funny too... she renames everything. I have to keep saying... NO that is a Border, not trim. You use Batting in the quilt, not "filler"... I am not sure where she comes up with her terms but it's easy to get confused if I let her rename everything.

She did catch on to "Nesting" pretty quick.

Comment

Hi,
            All sorted. Lovely response from the shop saying I can teach the project as long as I mention MSQ. No problem for me to mention them as it's such a great place to learn. Spending today preparing samples for new class. It's a hard life having to make quilts for classes!

Comment

You can totally teach using our materials! Give us credit where you use us, and good luck!! Go make more quilters!

Comment

Working...
              X