Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing pinwheels turned out wonky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing pinwheels turned out wonky!

I consider myself a confident beginner so when my disappearing pinwheels were disappointing I wasn't too surprised but the leader of our guild who is very experienced had the same trouble. We both used 10" squares and found that when squaring them up, the size varied from 11 1/4" to 12 1/2". What happened? Thanks....love your stuff....our church guild uses them all the time!

Re: Disappearing pinwheels turned out wonky!

Well, there was a full moon last night, and we are nearing the Spring Equinox.
    That's all I have...
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

I'm hoping I'm remembering this right, I thought someone on this group noted that this pattern worked better if you square up the half square triangles before making the pin wheel.
      sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I gave up on this one. It didn't seem to matter what I did, the blocks just would not come out right to my satisfaction. I think you said it all when you mentioned your guild president had trouble. If experienced quilters have trouble with this method, then it's not a good method. I love Jenny's tutorials, but this one is not for me.

A number of our forum members have made the blocks with success. I'm just not one of them!

Comment

I made one this afternoon. After I made the pinwheel, I squared it up to 12", which made it easy to divide in thirds. It turned out pretty good. We'll see how the rest of them turn out. This is going to be a side project for now. I've gotta get crackin' on some baby quilts.
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I did the same thing as PeggyM....12" much easier to divide into thirds!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

Working...
            X