Ways to pay for magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to pay for magazine?

Is there a way to pay for the magazine thru paypal. I always use paypal for my orders.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Re: Ways to pay for magazine?

THANK YOU FOR ASKING THIS... MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

I dont have a credit card.
    I love someone with Autism.
    sigpic

Comment

I also use PP for everything, but I had to give my credit card for the magazine. Maybe it's something they can work out.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I asked this question last night in an email to MSQC and received a response that they're working on getting the paypal payment option for the subscription but don't have it yet. You can buy individual issues from the website when it's available and pay thru paypal. I'm waiting to subscribe until I can use paypal.
        Dawn
        A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

I don't use credit cards either, but my Visa debit card worked.
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Originally posted by DCM View Post
            I asked this question last night in an email to MSQC and received a response that they're working on getting the paypal payment option for the subscription but don't have it yet. You can buy individual issues from the website when it's available and pay thru paypal. I'm waiting to subscribe until I can use paypal.
            With the nightmares of hackers breaking into 70,000,000 accounts, paypal is the safest route. I guess I'll have to wait.
            Hugs,
            Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
              With the nightmares of hackers breaking into 70,000,000 accounts, paypal is the safest route. I guess I'll have to wait.
              I never used my debit card online...yet it got hacked...not once...but twice about 5 years apart. Those thieves will figure out a way no matter what you do!
              Mary
              SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

I think I really don't understand paypal. Is it hooked up to a bank account? If it it's safe from hackers I should look into it.
                My friends call me Peggy

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Originally posted by PeggyM View Post
                  I think I really don't understand paypal. Is it hooked up to a bank account? If it it's safe from hackers I should look into it.
                  Paypal is basically a service that holds your credit/debit card or bank account information. When you go to pay for something online, if they a paypal option, you just choose that and login to your paypal account Paypal then pays the company you are ordering from and paypal charges to your credit card. The company you are purchasing from does not see your credit card information at all. There are no charges for using paypal.

I think you can setup multiple credit cards/debit cards or bank accounts with the one paypal account and then choose which one to use when you log into that account. I just have my credit card stored with them. I started my paypal account when I wanted something from ebay - since I didn't know the seller, I wasn't comfortable handing over my credit card number to them.

Has also come in handy if I want to send a payment to a friend or a donation to COC or purchase luscious fabric from M* or our very own Ruby (HandsOffitsMine) - they just give you the email address that is associated to their paypal account and presto, you can pay them from your paypal account.
                  Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Thanks, Lisa. Is paypal also subject to hackers?
                    My friends call me Peggy

Comment

I am sure it is. Seems like everything is subject to hackers these days.
                      Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Everything, including government computers is subject to hackers if they want it bad enough. The beauty about paypal is that it is one place that has your info, not every store you buy from. The more you use your card in different places, the greater the odds of being hacked. So you reduce that risk by having your info in one place. Sometimes I will not buy from a company if they don't have paypal. You most likely will have to put in your billing address with different companies but not your credit card numbers. It's just so they know who to send it to even though some get their shipping labels from paypal. To date, it is the safest way to pay.
                        Hugs,
                        Joanne

Comment

I use a pre-paid credit card online. Don't like Pay Pal. If they hack my credit card they won't get much as I don't keep a lot in the account. ;o)

Phyllis

Comment

no problem guys, I'll work on setting it up. We will only be able to do paypal for a full annual subscription, not the bi monthly charge, but we have people looking to pay for a full year all at once anyway, so this will be helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                              no problem guys, I'll work on setting it up. We will only be able to do paypal for a full annual subscription, not the bi monthly charge, but we have people looking to pay for a full year all at once anyway, so this will be helpful!
                              Do you know when this will take effect?
                              Hugs,
                              Joanne

Comment

Working...
                              X