Love note quilts border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love note quilts border

I loved the tutorial about this small quilt. Where do I find the amount of fabric that I need for the borders and back? (or the approximate amount) I have already made the love note blocks with the same charm pack as the tutorial - so cute. It said to go below to find materials. I couldn't find this -- I think I'm technically challenged. Could you help?

Re: Love note quilts border

In that tutorial, there are links below...one is for the charm pack she is using...and the other is a link to all charm packs at MSQC

I am not sure about how much you need for the border.....sorry
    ~Kathy~

Comment

You have to figure the amount based on the size of your quilt. I know there are charts online to help if you don't like the math. I don't mind it. Just an example. If the quilt is 36x48 you count the perimeter which would be twice the length plus twice the width or 72+96=168inches. If you wanted a 5" finished border you would need to cut 5-1/2" strips. You take the 168 divided by 40(approx width of fabric) equals 4.2 strips, round up to 5. So 5 strips at 5-1/2" would take 27-1/2 " . So I would probably go up to 1 yd. For the back you need a piece that is about 4 " larger in all direction so for the above example that would be about 44 x 56. In her tutorials Jenny doesn't give the exact amounts you would need for borders and backing. You would need a pattern for that.
      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Thanks so much for the assistance.

Comment

Working...
        X