Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey M* shop... Kansas Troubles Troubles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey M* shop... Kansas Troubles Troubles...

Just want to give you a heads up... After seeing the Five & Dime tutorial I sought to order the ruler quickly. M* didn't have any, but Kansas Troubles did, so I ordered my prize and anxiously waited for the mail.

Well, it came yesterday and it was broken. It's L shaped and at the joint it had broke in shipping. I called them today and the man who I talked to said they have had trouble with that. Mine wasn't padded or anything so I thought that might be the problem. He said they usually ship with double cardboard and still they are getting calls that they are breaking in shipping.

I think now it's due to the ruler being thinner than most. Jenny's templates are all a nice 1/4 inch thick. This Five & Dime is about 1/8 inch thick and not holding up to shipping. He did say they are going to have to talk to the designer.

I thought that M* might want to know about this issue so they can adjust packing in shipping and beat the loss. KWIM? They are sending me another. I hope it makes it through shipping. Just FYI!

Re: Hey M* shop... Kansas Troubles Troubles...

I put this on my M* wish list several weeks ago & ordered as soon as it came back in stock..
    Just got it the other day, in fine shape. M* packs it in bubble wrap & double card board.. but I guess there's no telling what the post office does with it once it leaves the manufacturer. I guess I was lucky
    Hope you get a replacement soon..
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I ordered mine from Kansas Troubles because M* was out of stock. Mine arrived in fine shape. They are a bit thinner then some templates. I can't wait to use them but need to clear a few things of the sewing area first.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I ordered mine from MSQC along with the pattern book that goes with it. MSQC packed both items very well. Luckily mine was in good shape by the time I was able to pry it out of the mailbox. Rather than bringing it to my porch the postal person forced the package into the mailbox. How they thought I was going to get it out of the mailbox without a lot of difficulty is beyond me!
        Dawn
        A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
          Just want to give you a heads up... After seeing the Five & Dime tutorial I sought to order the ruler quickly. M* didn't have any, but Kansas Troubles did, so I ordered my prize and anxiously waited for the mail.

Well, it came yesterday and it was broken. It's L shaped and at the joint it had broke in shipping. I called them today and the man who I talked to said they have had trouble with that. Mine wasn't padded or anything so I thought that might be the problem. He said they usually ship with double cardboard and still they are getting calls that they are breaking in shipping.

I think now it's due to the ruler being thinner than most. Jenny's templates are all a nice 1/4 inch thick. This Five & Dime is about 1/8 inch thick and not holding up to shipping. He did say they are going to have to talk to the designer.

I thought that M* might want to know about this issue so they can adjust packing in shipping and beat the loss. KWIM? They are sending me another. I hope it makes it through shipping. Just FYI!
          I ordered both sizes through M*. I got the first one, the second hasn't showed up yet. I guess I was lucky and it came in one piece. They are thinner, flimsier. I hope the second comes with no problems. With the first one I also ordered the small (5") tumbler. Now THAT was made well. Thick.
          Hugs,
          Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
          Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Working...
          X