Question on the Churn Dash Tutorial with Snowball in corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on the Churn Dash Tutorial with Snowball in corner

Hello, I am new to this forum. I saw the tutorial for the Churn Dash and fell in love with it. However, after watching the tutorial where the snowball in the corners were mentioned, there were not instructions on what size
    triangle was used. I didn't see the info on YouTube or the MSQC tutorials. I am hoping the MSQC girls can help as I have all my squares completed except the snowballs. I am ready to proceed. Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Question on the Churn Dash Tutorial with Snowball in corner

The answer to your question is in the comments for this tutorial on YouTube. Good luck, I hope this helps:"MSQCJen - To get the snowball effect, start by sewing a 2 1/2 inch square to each corner of the finished Churn Dash block. Then, cut off the corner and flip the remaining green triangle over to press."

*~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

A rule of thumb is: the snowball square is always 1/2 the size of the square your are snowballing. ( 5" square - 2 1/2" snowball block) Jenny says this in one of her tuts, but don't remember which one.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
        The answer to your question is in the comments for this tutorial on YouTube. Good luck, I hope this helps:"MSQCJen - To get the snowball effect, start by sewing a 2 1/2 inch square to each corner of the finished Churn Dash block. Then, cut off the corner and flip the remaining green triangle over to press."

Don't know where the "Thanks" button is. But, thank you so much for your quick responses. I was wondering what I was going to do today without being able to continue on this quilt. Now, on to the finish!!! Can't wait! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X