Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

For the most part, like every other store out there, they offer great deals with the "hope" that you will add " $40-$50 " bucks to your order.......
    I think the same way too......I really like a lot of the DD but the cost of shipping one item, I would love to order several things at once.
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I wrote privately to Jean, and we ha a nice conversation. In my letter to her, I shared a reply that I had typed out to further elaborate on what I said -- as most people have misunderstood the concept of my idea. Here it is:
      -----
      I don't think people understand the concept here. When I say the items would ship once a week, I don't mean that each day a staff member would physically pull a piece of merchandise from the shelf, and store it in a bin till the end of the week.

The point is, that no one would pull anything at all during the week.

The order would be open-ended, and appended to with every addition during the predetermined week.

This order information is stored in the ordering software on/in the computer. There are no "bins and cubbys" holding merchandise.

At the end of the week, the customer would be charged for the entire order, and THEN the order would be filled by one person gathering the items purchased over the week -- all sent out in one shipment in one day.

This is done with computer software made for ordering. One click.

As far as DD selling out before the close of the week, (one scenario might be) it would be understood (as described/outlined in your terms) that if during the week, any unpaid DD items placed in your "7-Day DD Cart" were to"sell out," they loose that deal. If the DD means that much to them that they don't want to risk missing it (from being sold out), they would have to purchase it the day it is offered and still available to secure the deal.

To me, this is brainstorming for a better result.

Jenny states in one of her vids advertising MSQC, and, the Site title is :MSQC, The Best Selection of Pre-cuts on the Web. Well then!!! They are not Target, or Walmart, but the MSQC definitely has got their foot squarely in the door of pre-cuts, quilting, and fabrics on the Web. They are going places.

Nancy

Comment

Thanks for explaining what you meant. There is a hole in your idea and you mentioned it right in the explanation. You said that if the DD sells out that week, then it's sold out and you miss it. That happens DAILY. The Daily Deal sells out in less than a day quite often. Then, there would be multiple people upset because they reserved it to be bought at the end of the week and it was gone when they went to check out. Sheesh, that would be a headache for M* for sure. Today's deal sold out before Noon. Trying to hold them over for a week will not work.

Most of us already buy the DD as soon as we can so that it doesn't sell out on us, and we pay the shipping to do so. Reserving it for a week and hoping it's still there doesn't make sense to me. Buy it while you can get it does.
        Last edited by kensington; January 14, 2014, 05:18 PM.

Comment

And while there are no cubbies holding the order to ship at the end of the week, that mercendise takes up space on the shelf that is needed for incoming inventory. That is the space I was referring to.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I know that I'm not the typical M* forum member. I love the Daily Deal, but I do not buy many of them. I get stressed out when I have fabric sitting around that is not allocated to a quilt project, and I get even more stressed out when I have a pile of quilt projects waiting to be completed. I also get stressed out when my DH gets stressed out because I have a pile of quilt projects waiting to be completed. (Hello, my name is Toni. <Hi, Toni> I start a lot of quilt projects and don't get around to finishing them. I am a multi-year member of UFO clubs.)

Sorry -- I digressed.

I keep an active Want-List at M*. When I look at the Daily Deal, I mentally add $5 to the stated price. If that is still a good deal (like, always) and I love it, I'll buy it. But in effect, the Daily Deal makes for Free Shipping on all my Want-List items.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I have had the daily deal sell out before I checked out. It happens. I have lots of items I want so I do like many others, Iw ait fir a daily deal I like and then order one of my wants and then the shipping and the deal are GREAT deals
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Toni...

"If I sit here long enough maybe they will fix their own dinner!"

does that ever work in your house? it does not here. my family will sit around looking at me.. (not saying anything mind you), but just sit around and see what's for supper. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by spyderquilt View Post
                  Toni...

does that ever work in your house? it does not here. my family will sit around looking at me.. (not saying anything mind you), but just sit around and see what's for supper. lol.
                  No. But a girl has to have hope!

Comment

Toni...

Fact that never leaves me! Mom died, I moved back home to help with the mortgage, etc. One day a horrible snow storm struck, and I didn't get home until 10 pm, to find my 19 and 20 year old brothers at the table, asking what was for dinner. Could they have starved? Probably. Not, sorry it took you FIVE hours to get home. (Sorry to rant. This happened 30 years ago, but I can't let go.)
                    My friends call me Peggy
                    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I wrote privately to Jean, and we ha a nice conversation. In my letter to her, I shared a reply that I had typed out to further elaborate on what I said -- as most people have misunderstood the concept of my idea.

Nancy
                      I got what you were saying, and it is a very interesting concept! What a way to shop, especially for the "settlers".

The re-peat (DD addicts?) customers that regularly purchase from them bring in steady, ongoing sales. More so than the ones that just get a DD every now and then and also add more to their order.

I can certainly see the challenges of making it happen, but it has been fun trying to brainstorm possibilities!

My thoughts would be to charge a minimum of $7.50 to ship, ALL orders must be paid at the time it's placed, and if you change your mind, must go through the normal refund process. I'd charge $7.50 for that initial order, good for 2 DD's, then every subsequent DD added charge an extra $2.50 for shipping/handling. If you end up wanting only one that week, you paid the extra $2.50 for the service. No matter how you look at it, the customer saves $$ on the shipping if they use the service and order more than one that week.

As far as keeping track, they already do that. They do NOT pull the DD off the shelves each day and store them in a different place until they are ready to ship it with the rest of your order. How could they keep track of that? It takes several days from the time the order is placed to when it is shipped. They already keep track of the limited amount of pieces sold at each DD price, and how many pieces they have total to sell.

What I can't see how to work out is when people want extras in addition to the DD. ???

Nancy, I have really enjoyed reading your ideas! I can't imagine being able to produce a program capable of managing a web based business. Your passion is clear too. :-)
                      Cathryn

Comment

The ideas just keep flowing, and you never know, this may become a reality some day.

Comment

Originally posted by PeggyM View Post
                          Fact that never leaves me! Mom died, I moved back home to help with the mortgage, etc. One day a horrible snow storm struck, and I didn't get home until 10 pm, to find my 19 and 20 year old brothers at the table, asking what was for dinner. Could they have starved? Probably. Not, sorry it took you FIVE hours to get home. (Sorry to rant. This happened 30 years ago, but I can't let go.)
                          No good deed (moving back home to help) goes unpunished, yes?

Comment

You mean a computer program tracks this???? And here I thought MSQ was staffed by wonderful little fairies with brilliant wings flew around and gathered what we wanted........sigh, another bubble burst in my life.....

and BTW what IS for dinner......snicker snicker. Or as my mother said one day to my dad who was truly helpless......"Dad, what would you do if I died?" "Mom, God didn't mean for me to live alone.".....he could boil water for tea, make toast and a fried egg....I kid you not.
                            Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

I've never once had a problem paying the $5 shipping fee for anything I've purchased from MSQC. Their service is fast and friendly. Theres very few places that you can order from and get shipping for $5. As far as for holding the DD over till the end of the week, the DD is only good for 1 day not 5, 6 or 7. When I see a DD I want to order I just add a few extras to it, like seam rippers or zippers or templates. We also need to remember that when we can get a Charm Pack for a $1 or $2 that MSQC is probably not making anything at all on that item and maybe even losing some on it. I think they're being more then fair to all of us.
                              TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Originally posted by Genny View Post
                                I've never once had a problem paying the $5 shipping fee for anything I've purchased from MSQC. Their service is fast and friendly. Theres very few places that you can order from and get shipping for $5. As far as for holding the DD over till the end of the week, the DD is only good for 1 day not 5, 6 or 7. When I see a DD I want to order I just add a few extras to it, like seam rippers or zippers or templates. We also need to remember that when we can get a Charm Pack for a $1 or $2 that MSQC is probably not making anything at all on that item and maybe even losing some on it. I think they're being more then fair to all of us.
                                I agree. I'm not sure why there is all this talk of fixing something that is not broken.

Comment

Working...
                                X