Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

    Originally posted by spyderquilt View Post
    .... Here are my orders for only the last few days. All of these were to buy the DD. But it cost me 35.00 to have them all shipped.
    You're lucky! Minimum shipping charge to Australia is $39 even for the 99c M*QC sticker.

    I've emailed twice about the charges but the company has never replied.
    ~: Ron :~

    "You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

      Originally posted by spyderquilt View Post
      Your reply reads very rude to me. I did not mean any harm, or present myself in a manner that would spark such an angry response.

      I'm very sorry to have upset you so much. I at no time meant any disrespect, or to be rude in my reply.
      Jean is one of the LEAST rude people you will meet. The thing is, we all wish when we first discover M* and the DD we could buy them all and save more on shipping. But, you are saving so much on the item, it's still a really good deal. Once you get some deals stocked up you will find that you don't buy them daily as often. There have been weeks when I bought 5 or more too. I bought 1 last month and 1 so far this month. Because I have settled into my taste. I don't need them all or even want most of them. It all balances out.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

        Originally posted by spyderquilt View Post
        Your reply reads very rude to me. I did not mean any harm, or present myself in a manner that would spark such an angry response.

        I'm very sorry to have upset you so much. I at no time meant any disrespect, or to be rude in my reply.
        Nancy, i think your ideas would be something that you, as an experienced website developer, should be discussed with Al Doan, the president of MSQC and webmaster for the business. Perhaps you could suggest ways that this could work. I for one, as an avid DD ourchaser, ( they know me by name in the shipping department!) would love it if it were a new way if purchasing a great deal every day. His forum name is BillNye.

        And I apologize for seeming rude, I in no way intended that. I hope you will accept my apology for saying what I had to say in a way that was offensive to you.

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

          *tossing in 2 cents*~ . .

          oh goodness -- can you just imagine what a stock pile their shipping department would look like . . ooooh my . .
          does anyone remember Black Friday -- I think I read where they had over 4,000 orders . . and it took them a bit of time
          to get caught up on the orders -- this wasn't counting the days that followed the Holiday weekend . .

          I mean really -- they are a family owned business -- not Amazon - Fedex - UPS or even USPS
          where they have a computerized machine picking and pulling and running the item down on a conveyor belt



          I went back into my emails on the daily deals . .



          Jan 12, 2014, ...... $7.76 -- this day the DD was 2.95 --(reg 8.95
          Jan 8, 2014, ........$24.68 -- this day the DD was 19.95 --(reg 34.95
          Jan 7, 2014, ........$27.48 -- this day the DD was 20.95 --(34.95
          Jan 6, 2014, .........$35.74 -- this day the DD was 1.95 --(reg - 8.95
          Jan 3, 2014, .........$24.65 -- this day the DD was 19.95 --(reg - 34.95)
          Jan 1, 2014, .........$15.74 - this day the DD was 1.44 --(reg - 8.95)
          Dec 30, 2013, ...... $20.41 -- this day was FREE shipping

          Total spent -- $156.46 -
          don't know if your total has the shipping fee included

          Jan 12 - savings before shipping -- $6.00
          Jan 08 - savings before shipping -- $15.00
          Jan 07 - savings before shipping -- $14.00
          Jan 06 - savings before shipping -- $7.00
          Jan 03 - savings before shipping -- $15.00
          Jan 01 - savings before shipping -- $7.51
          Dec 30 - savings before shipping -- $5.00 -- FREE shipping

          Total savings -- before shipping -- $64.51 + the Free shipping day (69.51)

          and even if you took the $30.00 off of the total savings amount --
          the piggy bank is still looking good + your quilters cash

          I mean for me -- it still looks good ---
          1 - I didn't have to leave the house - and I save gas money $$
          2 - I didn't have to stand in line tapping my foot -
          while the person in front of me was telling her life stories about her bad kids . . LOL*~
          3 - and I darn sure didn't have to wait on someone at the cutting table at Joann's fabric store to cut uneven yardage *ugh*~
          4 - I'm sure there are other reasons - but I'm sure you want to move on to another subject . . aye?~ . . . L*~


          but that's just ME . .


          BTW --- Snyder . . I was born in Woodbury NJ . . is Underwood Hospital still called Underwood? -- I grow up in Westville Grove
          *orange Peel smiles*~
          2015 is here
          Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

            Originally posted by Dalronix View Post
            You're lucky! Minimum shipping charge to Australia is $39 even for the 99c M*QC sticker.

            I've emailed twice about the charges but the company has never replied.
            Ron, I'd call about that. I know you are a few time zones on the other side of the planet, but I bet they have voice mail.

            It is my understanding that they have a "flat rate" that comes up for shipping Zero to X amount and Y to Z amount internationally when you check out. What you are actually charged is the true cost of your parcel once it is packed for shipping. While Seattle is "out there" it's not really international, so I can't say for absolute that is the way things are, but that is my understanding from previous discussions about international shipping charges.
            There are other ways around that if you don't want it shipped directly from the shop either. Some folks have their parcels delivered to a friend in the states who then ships it as a gift to the original shopper.

            ~÷~÷~÷~÷~÷~÷~÷~÷~

            I fit the $5 into the "savings calculator".
            Is it still less than I would pay anywhere else including the gas & tax?
            Can I wait for it to arrive?
            Yep/nope. Buy or pass.

            Besides, who doesn't love getting squishies in the mail?
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

            http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

              i agree that shipping cost are a problem for me also and keep me from buying something i would really like to have.i don't understand why you can't put the dd in your cart and order when you are ready if space is a problem.if you did it this way not everyone would order at the same time. what about having different charges for small pkgs.
              :icon_wave:Joan

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
                i agree that shipping cost are a problem for me also and keep me from buying something i would really like to have.i don't understand why you can't put the dd in your cart and order when you are ready if space is a problem.if you did it this way not everyone would order at the same time. what about having different charges for small pkgs.
                It's easier to have one across the board charge when you deal with the volume they deal with. You can put it in your cart, but if you don't go through the checking out process, when you decide to complete your order, that deal could be gone. In your cart is not bought, it's still available for sale until you go through the process of checking out.

                The DD is not what keeps M* afloat, they sell other fabrics, notions, kits and quilting. They have 4 or 5 shops now with different specialties, a retreat center, and a museum soon to open. Jenny travels a lot of the year with trunks shows. Handsome Al Travels all the time, like weekly I think. The girls work endless hours to keep up with the shop and the business growing so fast. The DD is an EXTRA deal they offer those who order. It was never intended to be the bulk of M* business. It was just a little add on to make things more fun.

                If you go to another site, and order 1 yard of fabric... shipping is 3.95 to 4.95 for that one purchase, and there is no DD to add on with giant savings. Like I said, it is an added blessing not meant to be the bulk of sales every day.

                Most of us keep a wish list or a cart and when a dd comes up we really want, we grab that to ADD to our order. I've built up quite a little stash doing it this way.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                  Same here for me, I have come across several DD that I would have liked to purchase, but, did not because I could not justify the shipping costs.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                    I've always just seen the DD as M*'s "loss leader". It lures you in to make the purchase, while you're at it you make other purchases. Win Win. If they let us "save them over" over the course of a week or more.....it's only a win for us. Does that make sense?

                    "Lures" is a bad choice of word, but you get what I mean.
                    sigpic~~Libby~~

                    Quilters make great comforters.

                    Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                      Originally posted by Chel View Post
                      Same here for me, I have come across several DD that I would have liked to purchase, but, did not because I could not justify the shipping costs.
                      Even though you know it's saving you money off of the REGULAR price even after shipping?

                      On layercakes I have figured you still save 10.00 at least, and on Charm Packs, you still save 2-3 dollars off. If you went to any other source, you would pay the Retail price and shipping. This is just Reduced drastically price and shipping. It makes sense to me.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                        Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
                        I've always just seen the DD as M*'s "loss leader". It lures you in to make the purchase, while you're at it you make other purchases. Win Win. If they let us "save them over" over the course of a week or more.....it's only a win for us. Does that make sense?

                        "Lures" is a bad choice of word, but you get what I mean.
                        Haha! I always look at it as an add on. I want this, this and this and OH>.. I can add this on for pennies on the dollar! WOOT! For charm packs, it gives me a bit of buying power to grab two... one dd and one regular and add enough to my stash to make a project.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                          One thing I do is put things I know I need in my shopping cart, obviously not DDs, but that I would buy at their cost, which is already discounted. Then when I see a great DD, I already have other things to combine with it to justify the shipping costs. I look for things such as Kona or Bella jelly rolls, which I use for sashings and bindings, Kona honeybuns, which make great sashings, layer cakes or charm packs in plain or neutral colors to combine with the things offered on Daily Deal. I find trying to use one charm pack for projects is difficult because it is really not very much fabric, but if I buy two charms, ( one at DD price and one at regular price) plus a yard of coordinating fabric, I have enough fabric to make a nice kids quilt or small lap quilt. So, these are ways you can stretch your shipping dollars so it doesn't seem like such a burden to pay for shipping one charm pack.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                            Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
                            I've always just seen the DD as M*'s "loss leader". It lures you in to make the purchase, while you're at it you make other purchases. Win Win. If they let us "save them over" over the course of a week or more.....it's only a win for us. Does that make sense?

                            "Lures" is a bad choice of word, but you get what I mean.
                            It's a marketing strategy, it is brilliant and we all know it works! Just ask me with my 2" thick pile of shipping notices from several years of DD shopping!

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                              Originally posted by spyderquilt View Post
                              Nowadays, there really is no such thing as "paperwork." MSQC is using modern software here for the website. There are programs that can handle this. Orders are put in a holding "queue," until they are ready to be processed.

                              If anything, this would eliminate a lot of your daily shipping if one customer has five days worth of purchases that can go out in a single shipment. It is the software that you use to make this happen.

                              Just like you added a load of longarm machines to handle all the onsite quilting orders that have come your way, so should your ordering software and fulfillment keep up with a growing area of the business where this idea: "has been requested many times."

                              Nancy Schafer
                              Website Administrator and Web Content Specialist since 1995.
                              Nancy, I know that it is not paperless. Everytime someone orders something, there is an order detail that is printed and any time yardage is order, stickers are printed to be used as labels for the fabric with the order number, fabric number & name, and amount.

                              As far as being held in the cart, that item is not actually sold until it is purchased. Think of the many people who would hold an item but not end up purchasing while others can't purchase because the item is saying it is sold out. I can not imagine the headache of trying to process a week's worth of orders in one day so the orders can get out in a timely fashion.

                              In the marketing world the daily deal is considered a loss leader with the whole point being a person comes to the website to get the daily deal and hopefully adds a few more items to their cart. Anytime that I have ordered the daily deal, it is still cheaper with the $5 shipping than what the original price was.

                              Please remember that this is a small local business not a giant cooperation. Which leads me to my next point, how many of you would tell Walmart or Target, I see you offer a special each day but I want to get a week's worth of daily specials in just one day. They would tell you no way.

                              The Missouri Star has worked really hard to build an excellent business and awesome customer service.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Is there a better way to ship the Daily Deal for multiple daily purchases??

                                Originally posted by kensington View Post
                                It's easier to have one across the board charge when you deal with the volume they deal with. You can put it in your cart, but if you don't go through the checking out process, when you decide to complete your order, that deal could be gone. In your cart is not bought, it's still available for sale until you go through the process of checking out.

                                The DD is not what keeps M* afloat, they sell other fabrics, notions, kits and quilting. They have 4 or 5 shops now with different specialties, a retreat center, and a museum soon to open. Jenny travels a lot of the year with trunks shows. Handsome Al Travels all the time, like weekly I think. The girls work endless hours to keep up with the shop and the business growing so fast. The DD is an EXTRA deal they offer those who order. It was never intended to be the bulk of M* business. It was just a little add on to make things more fun.

                                If you go to another site, and order 1 yard of fabric... shipping is 3.95 to 4.95 for that one purchase, and there is no DD to add on with giant savings. Like I said, it is an added blessing not meant to be the bulk of sales every day.

                                Most of us keep a wish list or a cart and when a dd comes up we really want, we grab that to ADD to our order. I've built up quite a little stash doing it this way.
                                Thanks Kensington & you others who just turned me on to a better way to shop.. Fill up my wish list & then add something to the cart when the DD is too good to pass up..
                                I too have not bought some DD because of the shipping charge..
                                I will definitely try this as soon as I have enough money to buy again.. HaHa I spent all my Christmas gifts cards here already.
                                May the road rise up to meet you...
                                May the wind be always at your back...
                                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                                Patt :icon_wave:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X