Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batting Question

Hello Everyone.....

When making potholders.....how many layers of thermal batting are recommended? Can you just use one or do you need to double up?

Thanks
    :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Re: Batting Question

I think most people like to double up, at least 2 layers. My Mom has also used one thermal sandwiched between two layers of reg. batting. Hope this helps!

Comment

Being a firefighter, I'd double up! I'm also a medic and I have seen bad burns from pot holders and gloves. I only use the "Ove Glove" now. I got two for christmas one year and they are the best!
      Hugs, Jan L
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thank you Jan & Sewhot. I thought so, but especially hearing from a firefighter....I will definitely double up

Thx again.
        :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

Just googled the "Ov Glove." Thanks for the introduction. Great gift for Mother's Day. I'll have to lay on a big hint to my girls. I've never liked the typical potholders and never have luck with those big clumsy quilted mitts. The Ov Glove looks like it'll be well worth the money.
          Originally posted by janluna View Post
          Being a firefighter, I'd double up! I'm also a medic and I have seen bad burns from pot holders and gloves. I only use the "Ove Glove" now. I got two for christmas one year and they are the best!
          Hugs, Jan L
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
          X