Dear Jenny,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Jenny,

Just a note to say thanks for spending part of your afternoon sewing with me. Yes, I know I can be slow but you were always smiling and patient as I fretted and ripped out seams. You never complained when I asked you to repeat yourself or show me something again. I do have to giggle when I say you make some very strange faces when I stop, start and pause the tutorial in odd places.

Seriously Jenny, thanks for the jelly roll star tutorial.... I had fun sewing along with you and the resulting star turned out pretty darn cute.

Thought I'd show it to you.....but I'm not having much luck uploading it from my Imac.

Thanks again ......
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Re: Dear Jenny,

That's funny Mia - cause I think she makes funny faces when I start and stop her too!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

It was so cute because at one point when I stopped the video .... she seemed to be really angry about something lol.
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

Comment

Awww - not Jenny - she would never get angry with us newbies!

Comment

Jenny's the greatest isn't she!
          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

We shouldn't make her feel self conscious. She won't do anymore tutorials. lol
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I took her quilting class at Sympoz and she's just the most cheerful, informative teacher I've ever had
              Diane from Toledo

Comment

Originally posted by Mia View Post
                It was so cute because at one point when I stopped the video .... she seemed to be really angry about something lol.

Thats funny! Jenny has practically taught me how to sew. I LOVE Missouri Star Quilt Co!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                  We shouldn't make her feel self conscious. She won't do anymore tutorials. lol
                  Oh I hope not cause she is my internet mom and she dosnt even know it! Being an army wife it is almost a guarantee (sp?) I wont be near family and my mom has always been my sewing teacher. But I have to say that Jenny explains things so well and the camera person does a great job that I am able to really get it. I wouldnt be where I am skill-wise without these tutorials. I love you Jenny!
                  Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Great Post Mia. Jenny is good at making sense of things. She speaks our language and the camera does the rest.
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

If it weren't for Jenny's tutorials, I would be making the same quilt over and over again, the first one I learned! I took her Sympoz "class" and she made me so confident I'm trying all kinds of new patterns. It's like talking to her from across my cutting table!!!

Comment

Thanks Blondie........ you're so right. Jenny had changed my entire mindset on quilting and I just love her
                        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                        Mia

Comment

You guys have me laughing here at my computer! Jenny taught me to sew to! and as my mother she made some very strange faces while I sewed and ripped out seams! You guys are the best!
                          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Mia, thanks for that sweet letter to Jenny. She is the reason I am sewing now too. And with the help from all my quilting sisters on this form! Love ya guys! Sam
                            Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I also have to THANK JENNY! She makes it all look so easy to do. I am curious to know a little more about you Jenny! Care to share how you got where you are today? Thanks a lot...inspired

Comment

Working...
                              X