Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion for backing to use with Glimma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for backing to use with Glimma?

I am making a quilt from the Glimma layer cake and using it with white in a halfsquare triangle pattern. I am hoping you could suggest what to use for backing. I wish I could find a solid turquoise to match the turquoise flower print but so far I can't find a fabric that matches that well. It is for my daughter who likes mid-century modern interiors, so I don't want to pick something traditional. What do you suggest? I think I will border with white and do the binding with the foggy gray color I have already purchased. Thanks!

Re: Suggestion for backing to use with Glimma?

Welcome! I would take one of the prints and back it with that. If you can't find it here Etsy has a ton of yardage. I take my packs to the fabric store to match up colors. Do you have a fabric store close?

I really like it. I never noticed that line before.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

What about Moda dots? They have a pretty aqua in two sizes of dots.

Comment

Orange was a popular color in mid-century modern décor. There's a bit of orange in Glimma (one of my favorite fabric lines.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          Welcome! I would take one of the prints and back it with that. If you can't find it here Etsy has a ton of yardage. I take my packs to the fabric store to match up colors. Do you have a fabric store close?

I really like it. I never noticed that line before.
          Thanks. I have a great store here that is retail and wholesale but so far I haven't found a turquoise or orange that goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
            What about Moda dots? They have a pretty aqua in two sizes of dots.
            Thanks, I may try this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
              Orange was a popular color in mid-century modern décor. There's a bit of orange in Glimma (one of my favorite fabric lines.
              I don't think my daughter wants quite that much POP. But thanks for the reply.

Comment

What about this fabric? eQuilter Vibrant Blender - Mallard Green - 108" QUILT BACKING
                Vonnie

Comment

I really like the Glimma fabric and see gray or a neutral for the back. The fabric is, I think, kind of sophisticated, and a simple back would look great. I'd love to see what you do with it. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X