Is this legit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this legit

Don't want to stir anything up but does this site have permission?

http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/
    Here's a tip on binding perfect corners from Jenny Doan's online quilting course.
    Click here to watch in a larger view.

If you liked this training on how to make quick half-square triangles, check out Jenny's entire quilting course. Click the button below to see what hundreds of quilters are raving about (and it's on sale!)

Do you like this free training video?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Re: Is this legit

That's another site for Sympoz I'm pretty sure. Or a site that wants to earn affiliate revenue from them. I'm sure it's fine, anyone can repost a youtube video

Comment

My gut told me that anything that keeps MSQC in the limelight is to be encouraged . . . Thanks, Bill.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Further down Sandy there was this message:

"Half-Square Triangles Made Easy

Here's a tip on making half-square triangles from Jenny Doan's online quilting course. Special thanks to Sympoz for making this free training available to our site visitors."

So I guess they do have permission and so long as they are using Jenny's name then it is just more PR for MSQC.
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

While we are here Bill I have a question for you. Why can't we download the sympoz videos? I am back to dial-up and cannot view them anymore and I paid for that.

Thanks
          Monique
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm not sure, they are completely separate from us. I would guess they do it that way as an easy way to cut down on sharing and piracy. I know that's what I would do if it were something I had built.

In other news, I am working really hard with them to get them on DVD though so we can sell them in the shop. That would be a good alternative maybe?

As a nerd, I mourn for your dial up though. I know that pain all too well.

Comment

Ohhhh - DVD's for sale would be just awesome!

Comment

Monique, I had trouble with something when I first bought the sympoz and I e mailed him and he called me immediately to fix the
                problem. So I would contact him direct. I forgot his name, but he IS sympoz he told me when I asked. I love the class. So well
                done, but then everything Jenny does is well done. Diane

Comment

I am sooooo eager for the new Jenny Sympoz class to be ready.
                  ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                  Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                  (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Is there going to be a second class series offered? I signed up for the first one and I'm loving it!!!!

Comment

Hey Al...any word from Sympoz if they are still working on a way to view their videos from an iPad? I know I sent them the question when Jenny's class was first available and he wrote me back saying they had plans for a "fix". I know they now have portions of Jenny's course on YouTube for marketing purposes....would be so cool if they made the full course available to paid members who can view the YouTube format but not the Sympoz format on their smart devices! I realize it would not have the same interface with discussions, questions, messaging, photos etc. as the Sympoz site but to also have the actual course video on a portable device sitting in my sewing room would be SO helpful!
                      Linda
                      -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

I just signed up yesterday for the Sympoz class. I only had time to watch the first part yesterday, but hope to watch the rest soon. A second class would be GREAT, please keep us posted about that.
                        JVO

Comment

I'm new to quilting and did Jenny's course (bought both) and would LOVE to have it offered on DVD to access more easily than the sympoz site.

Quilting is something I have wanted for years to learn how to do. Jenny's really managed to take my fears of trying it away. I've already got multiple ones started and just ordered charms to start a few more. LOL

Thanks Jenny for getting me into new trouble!

Comment

By the way...the Sympoz videos ARE now viewable on an iPad! I spoke with Josh from Sympoz shortly after the second class was available and they did find a workaround for the mobile devices. You won't have all the full navigational and special features same as viewing on your computer but you can at least watch the videos...which is fantastic!
                            Linda
                            -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X