Question about a quilt displayed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a quilt displayed....

While watching the sew delightful Valentine wallhanging video, (through the Moda Bake Shop), my eyes kept wandering over to the quilt hanging beside it...please, oh please tell me that is a pattern for it and where I could get it???

Thanks and cheers!!!

Re: Question about a quilt displayed....

OMG! I think that quilt is made from the new Wildflowers IV collection! I LOVE that fabric...and that pattern is wonderful. Don't know the name of it but looks like they used some kind of elongated hexagon template to make the center pattern.

Here are screenshots I took from the video:
    Attached Files
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Looks like maybe a template similar to this shape? 4 together make the honeycomb or lattice type pattern? I want that template if they have it!
      Attached Files
      Linda
      -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Good guess SewBee, and maybe they have, but it is way easier than that to do. It's just a square with two flip over (connector squares) corners on opposite corners. There are a number of ways it can be laid out as well. I've always known it as Kansas Dugout but I'm sure it has other names, here's one I've done...not finished yet sadly, can you see where the seams are.

Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Wow! Lynn your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Love your floral prints with that pattern.
          So are you saying that the floral prints started out as whole squares and then you sew a small triangle of the polka dot print at the 2 opposite corners and trim away the floral print underneath? Love the look however it is done! Can't wait to see how you quilt it...that is so beautiful!
          Linda

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sewbee View Post
            Wow! Lynn your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Love your floral prints with that pattern.
            Can't wait to see how you quilt it...that is so beautiful!
            Thankyou it is actually one I made for myself and has a yummy deep purple flannel on the back. How I am going to quilt it is currently the reason it is not quilted...I don't know how I want to do it.

Sewbee, yes the floral is a square and you another smaller square face down, diagonally across the corner, fold it over, press it and cut off the two underlying corners, leaving the folded over piece to make the new corner. Hope that makes sense. I think Jenny shows it in one of the tutorials, a jelly roll one making a Christmas star, the one we did for the Christmas block swap.
            Last edited by Dragonfly; February 14, 2011, 03:38 AM.
            Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

When you put the small square on all four corners it is called a Snowball and I think Jenny has a video for that. I've also seen it here

http://www.quilt.com/BlockOfTheMonth...Tennessee.html

Dragonfly, what fabric did you use? I LOVE your quilt with all the flowers!

Comment

Originally posted by newbiequilter View Post
                Dragonfly, what fabric did you use? I LOVE your quilt with all the flowers!
                The florals are just a mixed selection from my stash, I have previously done some Impressionists quilts, plus a few from friends. The spot and stripe border were from the same range but I don't recall what it was.
                Lynn

Comment

The wildflower fabric would look wonderful in this design. Thanks Lynn for your tutorial.
                  Hugs, Jan
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I have made this pattern with charm packs of any Collection and a charm pack of a Bella Solid.
                    1) Place uncut patterned charm piece from the collection face up.
                    2) Take a Bella Solids charm pack (white or natural, for example) cut each 5" charm into 4 even blocks. 3) Place a small white square in the upper left and lower right corners, draw a diagonal line from edge to edge. Stitch a scant line -- which is just a thread or two on the outer (toward corner point) side of line.
                    4) (And the practical me suggests you stitch a second line 1/2" toward the outer point to make a mini square for a pillow top to match the quilt.)
                    5) Slice between the two stitched lines
                    6) Press toward the dark/patterned center piece.
                    7) Rotate the finished charm to create the darling connector look.

Comment

Lynn, your quilt is SO pretty!
                      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I love this quilt pattern too! It's look very much like the Tiffany Diamonds quilt pattern I saw on Moda Bake Shop. It uses one layer cake and two charm packs. It's not quite a snowball block, but more like a half snowball. Anyway, the pictures are gorgeous!

Teresa

Comment

I have done one similar to that and the pattern was called "Criss Cross" Cozy Quilt has the pattern. It is in the Strip Club pattern section. It's not that hard to do. It is done on point and you have setting triangles in it. It is very easy (but don't try to work on it when you're tired it will beat you).

Lynne Leavell

Comment

Thanks ladies for your imput... I should be able to figure the pattern out now, with the help of Lynn's colorful quilt. Its very inspiring!! Cheers!

Comment

I am so glad somebody asked about that quilt in the video, as I love it too! My plan was to get the wildflowers IV and make it for myself, sometime in the not so distant future, hopefully anyway.
                              Lynn, your quilt is beautiful and I really hope you decide how you want to quilt it soon. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.
                              Lola
                              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Working...
                              X