Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yummy quilt rack in MSQC shop

Hi Girls (and Al!),

In Sewbee's album of her visit to the shop is a quilt rack I'm dying to know more about.
    Attached Files
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: Yummy quilt rack in MSQC shop

Looks like an old indoor clothes drying rack to me. I used to have one similar to it.
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Yes I thought the same thing, looks like an antiquish timber clothes airer. That's something that may be able to be picked up from second hand/thrift stores or maybe yard sales.
      Last edited by Dragonfly; February 13, 2011, 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling...although the spell check didn't like some that I left in, lol.
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I'll definitely be on the lookout for some thing like it! You can display so many quilts on it! Not that I have that many to display, LOL, but I can dream.
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

It is yummy, but my attention has gone to that beautiful bluebird in the upper right hand corner. Wonder if there is a kit or pattern for that!

Hugs,
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

The wooden clothes drying racks are still sold in Menard stores. They are a chain that we have in IN and they sell everything from "soup to nuts" and lot of builder/contractor needs. They are often on sale with a clip out coupon for about $10. Just look in any store that still caters to the Amish and you will find them. They have a website and a limited amount of items for sale online. Menards.com I have also seen these in Farm supply stores like Rural King and Farm Fleet stores.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

Comment

Could someone let Al know that I keep getting a 400 Bad Request page when I click on community for the forum? It won't go away. I get all the other area fine. It just happens on community. Thanks, Jan Luna
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana quilter View Post
                Just look in any store that still caters to the Amish and you will find them. .
                You were right! I googled Amish clothes drying rack and found them. Thanks! I think with a coat of stain they make a terrific quilt rack.

Comment

Working...
                X