fabric scraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fabric scraps

What do you do with the fabric scraps left over from making Shop Samples that you sell? I'd like to know if you will sell scraps, I'd love to use them. Let me know.

Re: fabric scraps

All fabric scraps I have that are 2" or larger go into a large trash bag. When it is full, I deliver the fabric scraps to our local quilt shop for their students to use in their quilts. It brings me pleasure to drop by and see my fabric being used in their quilts and the fact that they were thrilled to toss the massive amounts of fabric around until they found just what they needed.

Comment

So I guess I can't join in on the fun.. I'm not sure who else to contact to try to get scraps for my quilt learning.

Comment

I'll check with my local store. Thanks

Comment

Ask Sandy to save you her stuff. She was saying that she was tossing out anything under 3". Have her get a box and drop those pieces into it for you. Once it is full, send her the postage, and you should be set! Others might be willing to do the same. You could always post a "Scraps Wanted" note at your LQS, church, or library if they have a bulletin board. You may have to sort through junk, but it might be worth it.
          You can also hit thrift stores & garage sales. Often there are clothes made of 100% cotton that you could use for your projects. I pulled a few nice items out of the donate pile when I realized their fabric content. I was about to send off a very nice piece of linen, just because I didn't wear that shirt any more! Seeing as you can usually get clothes really cheaply at those places, you can cut out the large areas after you wash them and go from there! I do believe our ancestors re-purposed their clothes that way.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Sewsoft, MSQC does sell scrap bags, here's the link
            http://www.missouriquiltco.com/barga...-o-scraps.html

I also stop in one of my local quilt shops and they have a barrelo'scraps. All you can stuff in a snack size ziplock bag is $2 and boy can I stuff alot in that tiny baggie! LOL
            I haven't stopped there in quite awhile though. I have what the family says is quite enough fabric stash
            and I usually pick up more than just the scrap bag, the bolts on sale are just too hard to resist.
            Lola
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
              Ask Sandy to save you her stuff. She was saying that she was tossing out anything under 3". Have her get a box and drop those pieces into it for you. Once it is full, send her the postage, and you should be set! Others might be willing to do the same. You could always post a "Scraps Wanted" note at your LQS, church, or library if they have a bulletin board. You may have to sort through junk, but it might be worth it..
              Just send postage . . . .
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

See! I told you! Isn't our Sandy the best!
                It's fabricycling.
                Sandy has less trash to take out, and Sewsoft gets the scraps she wants just for the price of postage!
                Everybody wins!
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Can you send me a picture so I can see what the patterns look like? Also do you think they would fit in a priority envelope?

Comment

a fun way to increase the variety of the scraps you have is to join a scrap swap like this one:
                    http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...jsp?gracnum=98
                    these ones are only an inch and a half square, but maybe you could find enough people to
                    start your own swap of larger scraps.
                    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Working...
                    X