Background fabrics in tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background fabrics in tutorials

It would be so nice if we could know what fabrics were being used for the demonstration quilts. I sometimes spend way too long with my Moda Bella Solids chart trying to decide what would look best with the print fabric line shown. ๐Ÿ˜

They use a lot of white and creams in their quilts. And there are a lot of choices in whites and creams! This is a great suggestion!

Comment

sometimes they do tell you but often it is just left in the air.
      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

Ann, welcome to the forum. I would suggest calling the customer service for the store. They're more likely to be able to figure out what solid they used in a specific tutorial.

I rarely use the fabric line Jenny uses, changing fabrics can really change the feel of a quilt. It's part of the creative journey that I really enjoy.

If you have any of the yardage, from the fabric line, you can look at the 'color dots' on the selvage to get close to the back ground colors.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Terry and Katrina, Iโ€™m also from NC!
          Katrina, I have only bought the same line once as I saw a tutorial (Gratitude and Grace by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass) and ended up using it for a different pattern! I watched Jenny use it to make the Hearts and Gizzards quilt, but I ended up changing and doing the Ribbon Star. LOL
          Still, sometimes it would be fun to know if the background was a white white, a cream, or a grey white to achieve the end effect because it can make a huge difference.

Comment

• KPH
            KPH commented
            Editing a comment
            I grew up in Greensboro, and lived in Charlotte and Stanley before moving here to FL. I still love NC, but really like FL winters!
        Working...
        X