Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what IS the next big surprise? It's 6/2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what IS the next big surprise? It's 6/2...

There was a teaser that some sort of online shopping surprise was coming today, but I've yet to see a post about it. Did plans get changed?

I wondered whether it was the new block of the month, Starlight. That's the only new thing I saw.

Comment

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I thought, too.

I noticed the other day that both Shabby Fabrics and Fat Quarter Shop are having Halloween mystery quilt BOMs. The one from FQS is free and will be offered as quilt or cross stitch. The one from Shabby is appliqué and a standard BOM. The black cat on the first block is too cute!

It's a beautiful block of the month quilt. But I'm too impatient to participate in BOMs, just the thought of having a ongoing project in my way for months on end gives me anxiety. I'm a one project at a time kinda gal.

I guess I could subscribe, but have the monthly boxes sent to a trusted friend, and once they were all in have said friend "gift" me the boxes all at once

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh....I went and looked at it. Maybe you should send it somewhere else!

• Caroline T.
      Caroline T. commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, Pat, you just move down the list to the #2 spot 😉

• grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy, thats me...one at a time...and since april when the machine went capoot I have been piecing and have stacked up way too many UFO's for quilting. I have one to bind, 4 to quilt , one to finish piecing and a brand new quilt kit staring at me. Oooh, so much to do...plus...the scraps are piling up and I need to make another chaos quilt which is one of my favorite things to do...kinda like a kid in a candy store.

Here's the facebook post I'm referencing. Sounds like it was supposed to be a change to the online shop, and not just a new BOM...

Quilting Deals - Missouri Star Quilt Co - Posts | Facebook

Comment

• Ruthie734
      Ruthie734 commented
      Editing a comment
      The last notice I got about a May order was to tell me they charged my credit card. That’s the last I heard from them. Still waiting.

When I enquired about a dd I ordered may 26 that STILL hasn't shipped, I was informed they were doing some kind of overhaul to the shipping, and I could just wait. That was this morning.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• Caroline T.
      Caroline T. commented
      Editing a comment
      I too am waiting for a May 26th order to ship. Checked to re-read their shipping policies and this has been added at some point:
      "*Due to increased volume, all orders are taking an average of 3-9 days to ship. All Fabric by the Yard orders may take an additional 2-3 days to ship. We have temporarily suspended our FedEx Express Shipping option."

Toss in the holiday weekend, looks like you and I will be waiting quite awhile for our packages

• jwchristy
      jwchristy commented
      Editing a comment
      Order placed May 25……no fabric, just pins. Supposedly shipped…not just ‘notice sent to FEDEX…on June 1. Today the 4th Fedex shows it is still in KS. Supposedly it was to be delivered by the end of today. This has been the routine for many months. MSQC can’t track and Fedex can’t either. Both entities just sat info unavailable.
      So we all just get to wait…and wait….and wait…….
      Or buy elsewhere

• auntstuff
      auntstuff commented
      Editing a comment
      Add another week and I'm STILL waiting.....

Good thing it isn't something I had to have right away. Though I HAVE learned if I need it soon, order elsewhere.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I never have done a BOM. I figure I wouldn't be able to keep up. I have so many other projects going, I don't want to take on another. Most of the BOM patterns I've seen are not even something I would be interested in making.

Sorry to hear about the shipping delays from M*. I haven't ordered anything in a long time. I'm trying to use from my stash.

Comment

• Ruthie734
        Ruthie734 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of my UFOs are BOM projects that I got behind on and just gave up. I have 2 that just need the blocks all put together, and several others that need a few blocks finished. I need to finish them.

• Granny Fran
        Granny Fran commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you on BOM. The last time I did that I couldn't remember why I even liked it. It languished a long time until I just made a table runner out of the blocks I did like. The rest went into scrap stash.

Yes, STILL waiting for my May 26 order.....after they screwed it up and had to re-do the order. Probably ANOTHER 2 weeks before its shipped..

Comment

Working...
      X