Design Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Wall

I would like to see a design wall in the online store so I can compare fabrics I am shopping for. Now I use the cart but it is not very satisfactory as I cannot see the fabrics side by side. What do other shoppers think about this?

A design wall would be great!! Also if we could move things in our wish list to a design wall so we can compare if fabrics are close enough in color to use together. Good suggestion. And welcome to the Forum!

Comment

Great suggestion! I hope they can implement this! I just wonder how true the colors would be?

Comment

Welcome! That's a really good idea. There is a way to do that now. Put all your fabrics into your cart. Just don't hit the pay button. 🤣

🌺 Lorie

Comment

Your right SuzyQue, the colors are NOT going to be true. What you see, is not what the actual color is,, case in point I bought some red fabric with scrolling vines, the red was dark red blending into a lighter shades. What I received was much , much, darker than posted. I'm sure all of us have been there done that! In theory the idea is great, just don't expect the colors to be what you actually have or receive in fabrics. I would be fun to play around with it.
          Kathryn
          There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

I agree, colors aren’t always true.
            Not sure if a design wall would help.
            For several reasons I have to order all my fabric/supplies online. The colors vary considerably. Especially reds and sometimes a fabric has a pattern that didn’t even show up in the photo. You would think with the technology the colors would be true.

Comment

I use my wish lists as a design wall. I create a new section for each project and add or remove fabrics until I'm happy with the mix. I do wish they could be rearranged on the page though.
              Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
              🙄

Comment

I haven't used the wish list so I am not sure how it is set up. I think Connecting Threads has a design wall and the fabrics are next to each other in a row across the page and not in a column .

Comment

I'm going to add a PS to my other post, I ordered cotton fabric on sale, it showed it as magenta, a really deep rich color, perfect I thought....until I received it yesterday, it was very washed out, color was at least 3 shades lighter and a faded look to it. No way would I use a design wall if they designed one. I'm still thinking about returning the fabric I was very disappointed in the washed out color. I can't use it as I intended it to go with a floral fabric, it was Timeless Treasure fabric.
                  Kathryn
                  There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Working...
                  X