Stipples Made Easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipples Made Easy

I recently tried a roll of Stipples Made Easy and I love it! The paper was very easy to remove and there wasn't much clean-up left behind. But I have one question. What stitch length works best with this product? I've tried a regular length and it seemed to pull a bit when I lifted the paper off. A very short stitch works well but I don't like the look when it's finished. Do you have any recommendations?

So glad you are happy with the product.

To the best of my recollection, I used either a 10 spi (stitch per inch) or a 12. Obviously the shorter the stitch, the easier to remove the paper, but like you, I preferred the look of a slightly longer stitch for quilting. But the flip side is, the shorter the stitch, the cleaner your curves will look and the sharper your points will be in your quilting. Just something to keep in mind.

My suggestion would be for you to make a practice sandwich quilt (doesn't have to be very big - just use some left over fabric pieces and batting) and try the different stitch lengths until you find YOUR happy medium!

Comment

all i can find is stitches per inch. I just used Borders Made Easy and set my machine at 2.4. i think 2.2 was recommended. when removing paper, use your finger nail of other hand on stitches while pulling paper off. bit by bit. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
      X