Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding a Pattern/Tutorial (so I can finish a project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a Pattern/Tutorial (so I can finish a project)

Greetings, Friends. New to the forum, longtime MSQC fan. I am hoping this is a simple question, and someone will recognize this block and tell me the name of it. I had started making blocks from a MSQC tutorial; then Covid hit and I switched gears to masks. Finally, I have a day or two to myself, and what am I doing? Desperately searching through MSQC tutorials to find this pattern again. Duh.. didn't make note when I was working on it before. Photo attached... familiar to anyone? Name? Thank you so much!! Dvorah

I think JCY made a quilt from this pattern. She may be able to help you.

Welcome to the forum from Missouri.
    Last edited by Bubby; September 7, 2020, 08:24 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't recall making that pattern. I just looked up the Kindred Pinwheel tutorial. It's not the same block.
      Last edited by JCY; September 7, 2020, 10:59 AM.

I think it might be Kindred Pinwheels.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I am pretty sure it was a Friday video a month or two ago. I have made it and have it ready to sandwich when I get back from vacation.
      I will try to find the pattern name or video link on Wed. if no one gets to it before.
      It does resemble the Kindred pinwheels video from several years ago.

Comment

• Dvorah
        Dvorah commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks to Claire and all those who have responded. It's not Kindred Pinwheels, but yes I think it was a Friday video, but more than a month ago... it was just before Covid. My photo was dated March 15. And March 16 or so was when they closed my office at the university at which I work, and I started with masks. SO I am guessing it was around February or thereabouts. I have all the partial blocks I have already made ironed and ready to go, but I wanted to review the video for some construction pointers. Thanks for the help, Friends!

Here is the Kindred tute. Yours doesn't look like that to me.

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...ilt-with-jenny
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/fo...ith-jenny-doan
        good luck in getting this. seems tute was deleted. don't know why
        Last edited by nativetexan; September 7, 2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Here is the back of the pattern if that helps any

brillant star.jpg
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Maybe it was copywrited?
            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
            Aesop

Comment

• Hulamoon
              Hulamoon commented
              Editing a comment
              i thought that too. There are some 'names' attached to that pattern.

• Dvorah
              Dvorah commented
              Editing a comment
              Y'know...you may be on to something... I do recall that I used the strip tube ruler for the first part of the block, then used it again to obtain the correct angle for the add-on piece. I checked at Cozy Quilts and don't see anything quite like it there, either. Thanks for the spark of the "copyright" because that's what made me think of the ruler. Love that ruler!

It's in the Block Magazine Early Winter 2019 Volume 6 issue 6 if that helps it is a Henry Glass pattern
            Kathryn
            Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Comment

You can still purchase the Block Magazine (Early Winter 2019, Volume 6 Issue 6) here:
              https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...lume-6-issue-6

It's called Brilliant Swirl in Jenny's tutorial.

Comment

• nativetexan
                nativetexan commented
                Editing a comment
                Good going!!

WOW!!!! You gals are amazing!!! That is it! Does anyone know why it was deleted? It is such a great pattern, and I was having so much fun with it! I look forward to having more fun, now that this group has connected me with this pattern!! I am SO grateful!! Thank you thank you thank you! I hope I can pay back the favor sometime... or pay forward the favor and help someone else. 😃 Excuse me, I must go sew! 💜💙💚

Comment

We have a few good detectives here who can find almost anything. Glad you got your information!

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have to thank everyone, too. I have the quilt sandwiched and maybe 1/3 fmq but could not find the info on what pattern I used. I searched through all my papers and looked at the 3 most recent Blocks but didn't go back quite far enough. Glad to know what it is so I can add it to my "finished" calendar.

Comment

Working...
                  X