Ruby Sensation Sew-Along reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruby Sensation Sew-Along reds

Hello, thought I’d start this beauty with my stash of reds…is rinsing the reds suggested b4 starting? Any special technique suggested? Thx for your time!

To pre-wash or not. That is the question. The answers will vary, depending on who you talk to. One of the quilters in my guild has been making many red & white quilts. I know she pre-washes all her fabrics. I seldom use red fabrics. I rarely pre-wash anything except flannel, & sometimes not even then. It's personal preference. Many people use color catchers in the washing after the quilt it done. I don't use those because they are highly scented. I just wash my quilts in cold water. If your fabrics are pre-cuts, definitely don't pre-wash!

Comment

I would prewash with the color catchers. I did an experiment with pictures, sadly those are lost in the forum change over. It took three times for the red to come out. They aren't too expensive, so you could do the test first for piece of mind.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

It would be okay to wash your reds if they aren’t precuts. I personally don’t prewash anything but flannel. If you decide to prewash your yardage be sure to use Color Catchers.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I usually prewash reds and navys. You could also just soak them if they are precuts.
          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
          Aesop

Comment

Thank you for the generous info, I appreciate it! I’m using yardage, after reading your input I’ll rinse with color catchers before I start my blocks. Again, thank you.

Comment

good luck, i recently gave all my reds away!

Comment

Working...
              X