Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Fabric Colour Choice

Hello All,
    I recently found some Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks when we were cleaning out my great-aunts attic. I would like to applique them onto a cream/antique white fabric to create a quilt, but my local quilt shop does not carry any solids that match this description. I want it to be "muslin-like" in colour, so that it will match the antique feel of the blocks, but I want to use a quality fabric (ie - not muslin). Does anyone have any suggestions for a colour? I don't have a preference on who makes it, just want the correct colour. Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide.

Abby

This is out of stock at this store, but should be easy to track down. To me Bella has a softer feel than Kona.

https://www.fatquartershop.com/bella...eached-yardage
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
      This is out of stock at this store, but should be easy to track down. To me Bella has a softer feel than Kona.

https://www.fatquartershop.com/bella...eached-yardage
      Thanks for the suggestion, Hulamoon. Is the feel of this fabric more like a quilting cotton or more like muslin? I am hoping for the colour of muslin but the feel of a quality cotton. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Hulamoon
        Hulamoon commented
        Editing a comment
        It's quilting cotton, they are just using muslin for the color. I know a lot of people love Kona cotton (Kaufman). Bella (Moda) just feels softer to me. Some mentioned Moda in your other thread 😊

Originally posted by abartlett View Post

Thanks for the suggestion, Hulamoon. Is the feel of this fabric more like a quilting cotton or more like muslin? I am hoping for the colour of muslin but the feel of a quality cotton. Your help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks again. I really, really appreciate your advice.

Comment

Hi, I too need suggestions for a fabric. I’m going to make a quilt using Le Beau Papillon strips and would love suggestions as to what color to use for the background fabric? Thanks!

Comment

• MSN
          MSN commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the forum! There is a light blue solid linen texture in that collection (the color is called Blue Dust), or you could use a cream.

Thanks. I’m leaning toward a light cream.

Comment

Working...
        X