red line sewing guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

red line sewing guides

I've noticed some red lines on the gals sewing machines. They look like they are printed on clear stick-ons. What are they called and where can I get some for my machines? They seem to extend the seam guides for several inches before the presser foot/needle.

I used Washi tape on my sewing machine. Hopefully someone will chime in with the product you're looking for.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I know what to use that roll I bought that I completely don't remember why. ol

I think it's this one

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...onal-seam-tape
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the one I have. I use it when making the supplies for Days for Girls.

Here is one type that works.

https://www.quiltinaday.com/search/d...raight&x=0&y=0

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
      I used Washi tape on my sewing machine. Hopefully someone will chime in with the product you're looking for.
      I just wanted to show off my tape. Long gone is the 5/8'' seam allowence. All these pdf patterns just use whatever. !/2'', 3/8'' a combo and one just says 1/4'' serge. This tape was perfect for these rebel pattern designers. lol

washi tape.jpg
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I use good old fashion painters tape (not masking tape) like Scotch Blue - comes in all kinds of colors and most importantly, does not damage the surface of your machine. Not sure about the others recommended here. One other important issue comes into play if you use vintage machines, their surfaces/coatings are a lot different that newer machines today. You don't want to compromise the clear coat.
        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Working...
        X