Toady's DD - Mammoth Flannels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toady's DD - Mammoth Flannels

Today's daily deal is Mammoth Flannels, and our beloved Daily Deal Lady asks why are these flannels called "Mammoth."

As an all-but-native Californian, I have to let her know that they simply must be named after Mammoth Mountain, a popular ski resort in Southern California (we're not all about the beach, donchaknow?). These flannels reflect the Mammoth Mountain stereotypical Winter wear. Picture a warm woolly flannel shirt with a pair of lumberjack jeans lounging by the fire ... you get the picture?

So as we all swelter on this hot Summer day, let's picture a snow-covered Mammoth Mountain and imagine cooling down just a bit. Sigh.

Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

I debated too long on this one and it's sold out. Love the colors and the plaids.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
      Today's daily deal is Mammoth Flannels, and our beloved Daily Deal Lady asks why are these flannels called "Mammoth."

As an all-but-native Californian, I have to let her know that they simply must be named after Mammoth Mountain, a popular ski resort in Southern California (we're not all about the beach, donchaknow?). These flannels reflect the Mammoth Mountain stereotypical Winter wear. Picture a warm woolly flannel shirt with a pair of lumberjack jeans lounging by the fire ... you get the picture?

So as we all swelter on this hot Summer day, let's picture a snow-covered Mammoth Mountain and imagine cooling down just a bit. Sigh.

That's cute. My uncle owned property there in the 60's to build a ski resort. He had a model of it in his house complete with trees and tiny cars. I never heard anything about it or why it fell through. Probably one of those sore subjects families have.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• GuitarGramma
        GuitarGramma commented
        Editing a comment
        I know from my own family, there are Persons of Vision like your uncle, and Persons of Detail. Persons of Vision need Persons of Detail to get their projects off the ground. Persons of Detail need Persons of Vision to get themselves pointed in the right direction. My parents owned property for 40 years that they were "going to develop." When they sold it, they had dug a well, period. They were most assuredly Persons of Vision.
    Working...
    X