Happy heart quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy heart quilt

Just finished happy hearts quilt and I have 60 HST left over. Was there something else in pattern I didn’t see. I used one 42 pieces layer cake.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jherma00; July 23, 2020, 10:16 AM. Reason: 1st is pick of quilt. Need to get top and bottom finished. 2nd is all my left over blocks

Wow, 60 hst's left over. I looked at the video and it called for one pkg of ten inch prints, and one pkg of background. sew two together all around edges, cut in half twice. I don't know where your extra ones came from. was your quilt 73x73 inches? Hopefully someone who actually made this will pop in here soon.

Comment

• jherma00
      jherma00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is 73x73

If you went by the video, then you didn't miss anything. The video never mentioned that you don't need the entire layer cake. As for the printed pattern, I don't know if it indicates you only need so many of the pieces. A suggestion for future quilts, if you decide to make a quilt from any tutorial (whether it be one of Jenny's or someone else's), wait a week or two, then watch the tutorial again on "YouTube" AND be sure to read the comments left by other viewers. Often they catch those "oops" and will point them out for the rest of the viewers. Your situation is a good example, and I know it's saved me a lot of confusion and frustration in the past.

Comment

• jherma00
      jherma00 commented
      Editing a comment
      The PDF instructions are for 1 layer cake of prints and one of background. I assumed with that information was what was needed to make quilt. I have watched the tutorial many time to make sure I was not missing something.

well that is frustrating but usually they do tell you if you don't need the whole package. sigh. Now you can make another quilt!!

Comment

• jherma00
      jherma00 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree another UFO is in the works

I'm surprised she didn't mention it, she has before and this one is only 7mos old. Oh well, happy left overs!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Usually when my brain is working well, i count the number of hst's in the quilt. then see if that uses the whole pkg of fabric required. Sometimes it pays to double check patterns. Well, have fun thinking of another one. or use those on the back perhaps?? if you haven't already put the quilt together.

Comment

Working...
      X