Morning Star Quilt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Star Quilt question

I am desperate to make Jenny's Morning Star quilt with the black backing fabric and the Jubilee batiks - both of which are currently out of stock. 😞. However, I am curious what color thread was used in the quilting of it? Also, how was the finished quilt quilted and what was the backing fabric?

Conact the Missouri Star Gals perhaps they can help with your questions. The supply list for the quilt is here and the video talks about the backing. Good luck.
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/msqc...m_term=qt_t338
    β€œOf all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    β€œWe can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I was just at Jo-Ann fabrics (had a 25% total purchase coupon) and they don't have ANY black cotton fabric EXCEPT in the 108" bolt. I wanted 8 inches LOL I suppose I could have purchased a 1/4-1/2 a yard and save the rest, etc. I found some gorgeous fabric to make pillow cases out of and wanted some black to use as contract between the cuff of the case and the body of the pillow case.
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Try Quilted Twins for blacks, navys and whites. They've been posting they have new shipments in this week.
        Katrina
        β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
          I was just at Jo-Ann fabrics (had a 25% total purchase coupon) and they don't have ANY black cotton fabric EXCEPT in the 108" bolt. I wanted 8 inches LOL I suppose I could have purchased a 1/4-1/2 a yard and save the rest, etc. I found some gorgeous fabric to make pillow cases out of and wanted some black to use as contract between the cuff of the case and the body of the pillow case.
          Sugar, if you still need a little black, I have 14" x wof I'd be happy to send to you. If you want it, PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail to you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X