Searching for a pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for a pattern

I've been a MSQC fan for a few years, but just discovered this forum! Yeah, technology is not my gift.

I'm working on my goal of making a quilt for each of my siblings and have run into a problem. I was looking through my collection of Block magazines for inspiration and ordered fabric for a quilt, but for the life of me cannot remember which pattern I had in mind when ordering! I thought I bookmarked it, but apparently not, so I need some help jogging my memory.

I got two packs of 5" squares (along with additional yardage for sashing, borders and background) and 3.75 yards of 45" for the backing. The amounts and my usual pattern tell me I had a large throw to twin size in mind but I can't find a quilt with those quantities specified in the Block magazines that I marked. At this point, I just want to get going on the quilt so the actual pattern isn't as crucial as ANY pattern using those components. Is there a way to search for quilts using specific amounts of the prescuts? Thanks for any assistance!

Do you remember if you saw it done as a tutorial? You can start by checking those above.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I've put "2 charm pack quilts" in the tutorial search box and get all kinds of results. I remember reading somewhere that every quilt featured in Block has had a tutorial made for it. The problem is sometimes the name of the quilt in the magazine is different than the name in the tutorial. For example, in Block Vol 2, Issue 2 there is a quilt called "Sandy Sunrise"with instructions for a 50 x 50" quilt, with just 4 blocks. The tutorial from 5/23/2013 is called "A Star Spangled Patriotic Quilt" and has 12 blocks, making approximately a twin sized quilt. (This tutorial was filmed before Jenny gave the dimensions of the quilt and exactly how much fabric you needed. She has really improved the technical aspects of the tutorials over the years!) So I'm sure there IS a tutorial for it, but without being able to narrow it down, I'm sorta stuck. I'll keep looking through the entire collection of magazines; I was just hoping someone out there was smarter than I am, and had a way to find it quicker!

Comment

Two charm packs doesn't seem like that much. Was it real fussy looking, stars, squares, disappearing? I don't get Block anymore, so just trying to jog your memory 😀
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

So I discovered you can search the Patterns tab on the website, and filter it by the type of precut you want to use. After going through nearly every pattern using the 5" squares, and reviewing MANY tutorials, I found a pattern that I believe will work, the Disappearing Four Patch. I don't think it's the one I found in Block magazine, but at this point, I wouldn't swear to that in a court of law, nor am I sure I could even state my name for the record right now. . . I like the pattern and think it will look good in the traditional fabric I selected. Now it's late and I'm going to bed. Good night!

Comment

Originally posted by Marilou-O View Post
            I've been a MSQC fan for a few years, but just discovered this forum! Yeah, technology is not my gift.

I'm working on my goal of making a quilt for each of my siblings and have run into a problem. I was looking through my collection of Block magazines for inspiration and ordered fabric for a quilt, but for the life of me cannot remember which pattern I had in mind when ordering! I thought I bookmarked it, but apparently not, so I need some help jogging my memory.

I got two packs of 5" squares (along with additional yardage for sashing, borders and background) and 3.75 yards of 45" for the backing. The amounts and my usual pattern tell me I had a large throw to twin size in mind but I can't find a quilt with those quantities specified in the Block magazines that I marked. At this point, I just want to get going on the quilt so the actual pattern isn't as crucial as ANY pattern using those components. Is there a way to search for quilts using specific amounts of the prescuts? Thanks for any assistance!
            Sounds like falling charms?

Comment

I'm so glad you posted this question and hope you get a definitive answer. I've done the same thing. Ordered charms or strips and forgotten what pattern. I wish we could search by number of charms or strips, and also would love to be able to search the Block index by pattern name instead of looking thru each magazine.

Comment

If you picked the disappearing four patch it might be in that category of 'disappearing'. Here are all of those done by M*

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...lt&FORM=HDRSC3
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                X