Price Increase of BLOCK Magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Increase of BLOCK Magazine?

I got an e-m yest. with the mag. charge for the new issue of BLOCK. When we checked our CC acct., the price had gone up from $7.99 to $8.67. I didn't get a notification of a price increase. Did anyone else?

Did they charge tax?

Comment

The charge to my account was $8.49. I looked back at recent M* emails and we got one on 3/26 talking about the new content, enhancements etc. and in that email it said the price was $7.99/issue. As far as I can tell, it's been $7.99 since March of last year and until this last statement, that is what I was being charged. Evidently we weren't being charged for sales tax up until now.
      Last edited by chelea; April 1st, 2020, 12:50 PM.
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

It looks like they charge tax.

Comment

That looks like sales tax, Jean. I guess it's the big disadvantage of actually living in Missouri!
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• K. McEuen
            K. McEuen commented
            Editing a comment
            All online retailers are supposed to be charging sales tax now, no matter what state you are in.

That makes sense. I didn't think of the sales tax. Well, this will save me some paper work at tax season. For the past few years I've had to go through & figure my on-line expenditures that had no tax withheld.

Comment

I emailed M* and this is the answer I received:

Thank you for emailing us. Due to a new law that has gone into effect within the United States, we are now required to start collecting tax on orders. Here is an article that explains this change:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#3be8471d5cfb
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Working...
            X