Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Circle in a Square tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tslave57
    replied
    Re: What happened to the Circle in a Square tutorial?

You should check out Jenny's latest tutorial posted on Facebook. It's the same circle quilt block, but she is using a Honey Bun instead of a layer cake. But's the same identical block.

Teresa

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Thanks all...I appreciate all the help. I think I got it....I'm going to use some charm squares that I have had laying around that came in a kit but I didn't like the pattern...

Leave a comment:

• craftyladysam
    replied

Could it be the snowball quilt? It is made with charms.

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

I think the one they took off used layer cake squares. Check out the new "Honey Circle" tutorial. Just like it but with alittle change!

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

In case you are interested, there is a tutorial on a raw edge circle quilt on the cluckclucksew.com site.
    Look over to the right side and just click on the photo for that one.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Look for the dot to dot quilt. That used charm packs.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Thanks Jan. I remember Jenny using a charm pack...that's what I'm trying to do and I just can't figure out the size of the circle so that it works out with no waste. I have sent an email to Sarah....hopefully she can remember and let me know the measurement.

I appreciate all your help Jan!!

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

I believe the circles are 6 inches. I know how you feel I was going to make it too. Some lady said that because Jenny didn't use her name in doing the tutorial she was going to sue. So Jenny had to take it down. I have a copy of the pattern but something is wrong with my out going email and I can't send anything out. I have all the fabric for it and am going on what I remember of Jenny's tutorial. The women calls for 8 inch circles but Jenny did 6 inch instead. It gives more room for your seam allowance. When I get my computer fixed I'll send the pattern. However the pattern isn't as easy as what Jenny did. So I'm going from what I remember of the tutorial. I just thank the good Lord I watched it more than once. Hope this helps. Jan

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
    I seem to remember a while back there was a thread discussing what happened to it and it was determined that someone complained that it was their idea and Jenny had to remove it.
    Check the older threads...sorry I don't have time to find the exact one and share it with you.
    thanks I found it. does anyone remember the sizes for the circles?? that sucks she had to take it down....

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

I seem to remember a while back there was a thread discussing what happened to it and it was determined that someone complained that it was their idea and Jenny had to remove it.
    Check the older threads...sorry I don't have time to find the exact one and share it with you.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Thanks!! I saw both of those when I was looking...but there was another one that featured a charm pack and it was how to do it with no waste. Jenny did the tutorial...

am I going crazy or does anyone remember the one I'm talking about??

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

I just knew it was still there because I just saw it last week!
    Actually there are two tutorial's on that.
    One is using jelly rolls where your circle is different strips. Go to VIEW ALL TUTORIALS. Then on the first row, go to the fifth one over.
    The second one is the one using layer cakes and cutting out your circle. Go to VIEW ALL TUTORIALS. Then on the 9th row down, go over to the 3rd one. There it is!

They are both called DOT TO DOT.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    started a topic What happened to the Circle in a Square tutorial?

What happened to the Circle in a Square tutorial?

I finally set down to work on this and now I can't find the tutorial anywhere....did it get deleted??
Working...
X